Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] swears by wheel reflectors.

Apparently they are 'sensible' and add to 'safety'.

:)

A couple of weeks ago a colleague rolled into work on his new Trek, he was very keen to show it off to me, Colin and Phil.
He was so crestfallen when all he got was a volley of abuse about his wheel reflectors. :lol:

The next day they were gone and we played nice!

Have a great ride tomorrow, it looks like perfect weather for it, I'm so jealous I can't be there, but I'll be thinking on.
Remember [MENTION=12665]TrickyOne[/MENTION] as party leader, you're responsible for everyone, you've got to count them all out and count them all back again!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
A couple of weeks ago a colleague rolled into work on his new Trek, he was very keen to show it off to me, Colin and Phil.
He was so crestfallen when all he got was a volley of abuse about his wheel reflectors. :lol:

Have a great ride tomorrow, it looks like perfect weather for it, I'm so jealous I can't be there, but I'll be thinking on.
Remember [MENTION=12665]TrickyOne[/MENTION] as party leader, you're responsible for everyone, you've got to count them all out and count them all back again!

It had better not be tomorrow...I am going next week!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south

Feck!! I should be in bed already. Ah phew!! It's next week.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sorry chaps my mistake, another week lost.

Although looking out the window...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION], think on. I'll help you source them.

Jnr's reached a level of ability that means he no longer needs his skateboard ones.

I'll send them on.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I reckon we might see some new products on the market following Dicky Branson's tumble as he's big enough to make things happen. Some injuries could never be prevented, but some could be.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hi Stat, did you not fancy the ride next week??
Id love too (as would Phil) but I just can't do the miles.
My legs would be shot before the start line. :down:

Nice 1 Stat, v.excited as it gets closer! Ill try my best!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Are you sure, Stat? It's not going to be at a speed that would concern you in any way...shame if you can't be there.
Yeah sadly I'm very sure, it's not so much the riding I'd struggle with.
Although it'll be a good 120 miles for me, and i certainly don't have those legs.
But I couldn't recover from the effort.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
https://www.strava.com/routes/6454553

Right Ladies and Gents. Tricky's ask Me to post route for the Geeks ride on the 25th September. It'll start in Lewes so as to be roughly central for those far out west and east, or even north. :) There's a free car park at the start of the route. To allow time for riders to get to Lewes, may I suggest a 9.30am start. Look forward to seeing some new and old faces. :albion2:

Evening all fella geeks. I hope we are all chippa going into our 1st 3pm k.o of the season. Geek ride is planned, cake/beer stops tbc. Can i ask that if ur up for it that u pm me so i can make sure we dont leave without anyone! Cheers gents

Just a quick 1 gents, the post code for the start of the ride is..BN7 2BY

:bounce: Just a reminder for those who are riding Sunday, and to those who are still undecided.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
:down:

Anyway. The Eneco. Can't decide which is the most noteworty; the breakaway's funk up or Pete's run through.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Sake.

I get a 'work from home' day so of course Eurospurt goes on. Live Eneco reveals a thriller to finish today's stage. The coverage is helicopter so you can see who is doing what. Then some utter buglecunt TV executive decides to cut to the head on shot for the last knockings.

Wished I picked Pete. I thought he might be taking it relatively easy what with the Worlds and that on the horizon.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Geeks September bash staring in Lewes at 9.30am ish! Im bringing some nice coffee, hopefully the weather holds off! Really looking forward to having a crack with some familiar yet not familiar faces! All welcome.[/QUOTE

really looking forward to this-even if I am still up drinking wine

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here