Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I signed up to season ticket on direct debit

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Will I be liable for the rest of the payments until March if I stop my direct debit?

You signed a contract. It would be unethical to transfer to another club.

We were promised new players though.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
If it is a credit agreement then you have to sign a formal credit agreement - I certainly didn't
The season ticket terms and conditions page on their website doesn't work so that is likely to render it unenforceable anyway - again, I wasn't sent any
Surely the reasonable thing to do would be to charge the full ticket price for games until what you have paid is used up
How could it be an outstanding debt when you have paid more money than the services received would cost - they could hardly claim to have suffered a loss?

http://www.seagullstickets.com/screenloader.aspx?page=documents/html/tandc.html

terms and conditions for season tickets load fine for me on the above link.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Why are people taking this seriously? Anyone that's actually thinking about canceling because of the last couple of weeks is a true JCL!

East Terrace

Jul 14, 2003
Hove
If you think this season looks so great then buy my season ticket at a discount because I'm really not enjoying it
Football clubs have no automatic right to loyalty - if M&S produce crappy clothes then I won't shop there so why should I go to football matches I don't enjoy?
It's the "we'll support you evermore" attitude that allows clubs to treat fans like s**t

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
I never signed a DD mandate, so I can cancel at any point and make an indemnity claim for all payments.

Take that Barber!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Leave the bloke alone. He is paying his money, if he don't think he is getting value for what he bought into that upto him. He probably feels the club are mugging him off with what's going on atm. He is not alone in thinking that.

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
Cancelling at the end of the season carries no penalty, as it is a yearly renewable contract. If on DD, you will need to let them know in March that you don't want to renew, and your DD will stop. I did that this year as an easier way of moving seat (cancelled my ESU season ticket on DD, then bought a new NWC ST online, paying upfront with a bonus I was lucky enough to get at work this year).

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
If you think this season looks so great then buy my season ticket at a discount because I'm really not enjoying it
Football clubs have no automatic right to loyalty - if M&S produce crappy clothes then I won't shop there so why should I go to football matches I don't enjoy?
It's the "we'll support you evermore" attitude that allows clubs to treat fans like s**t

Ahh the comparison of the braindead. Nice one.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
East Terrace;6516072 Football clubs have no automatic right to loyalty - if M&S produce crappy clothes then I won't shop there so why should I go to football matches I don't enjoy? [/QUOTE said:
Now you're talking like a real customer! :thumbs: the club would be proud!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Cancelling at the end of the season carries no penalty, as it is a yearly renewable contract. If on DD, you will need to let them know in March that you don't want to renew, and your DD will stop. I did that this year as an easier way of moving seat (cancelled my ESU season ticket on DD, then bought a new NWC ST online, paying upfront with a bonus I was lucky enough to get at work this year).

I think you will find that is incorrect. If you are going to cancel you with no penalty then you have to do it during the period the club advise. I think you have forgotten that the annual contract runs from March to Feb (I think). The latest date for cancellation this year was 13th March. After that I believe there is a £50 charge. If you cancel at the end of the season, ie 2nd week of May, they you will already have made two payments towards the following seasons ticket!

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
I think you will find that is incorrect. If you are going to cancel you with no penalty then you have to do it during the period the club advise. I think you have forgotten that the annual contract runs from March to Feb (I think). The latest date for cancellation this year was 13th March. After that I believe there is a £50 charge. If you cancel at the end of the season, ie 2nd week of May, they you will already have made two payments towards the following seasons ticket!
Isn't that what I said? As you rightly say, though, the club will confirm the date you need to let them know by. Obviously, it needs to be before the first DD payment for the following season - which I thought was April to March.

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
... and just to clarify: although the DD payments stop after the March payment, that season has by then been fully paid so the season ticket is still valid for the remainder of the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here