Full respect to the Homosexual and Lesbian community, God loves us all

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Humility > Pride

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Oh dear. Another reference to this "God" character that we somehow need his approval.
"And God created the Earth"...eerrrr no!
Read a fvcking science book and grow the **** up. It's like Father Christmas for grown ups!!!
And trying to justify a point if view by adding a few words that this mythical character adds weight to you argument is just nonsense.

God has no problem with anything,mother nature is the one to ask,i for one do not care either way,i have friends who are gay,it's their choice ...

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Hooray! Is this a new record early entrant for the annual "straight Pride" debate?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Er ... no it isn't. It's what they are. Pedantic post over.

Well let's be honest,you are right,you are born that way,however i am talking about those that choose,sorry i was wrong..

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Well let's be honest,you are right,you are born that way,however i am talking about those that choose,sorry i was wrong..

Did you choose who you fell in love with then? Or did it just happen?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I hope people do use that image. It's a fantastic way of avoiding complete ****ing idiots.

D

Deleted member 22389

I feel "Gay Pride" to some extent still promotes a "them and us" attitude - effectively, the GLBT community highlighting that they are different and giving the impression that they want to exclude the straight community. Personally, I would prefer the "Pride Festival" to be a celebration of people of all types including straight (GLBTS if you like), all happy to celebrate that they are comfortable both with themselves and with each other.

Nice idea, but I really can't see some religions getting a float this year can you.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Was talking to an individual recently re the amount of gay/lesbian coverage on pre-watershed tv. His words were..." its too much, too early in the evening, young kids shouldn't be exposed to all this. We don't want it thrust down our throats every five minutes by the pc brigade "
( Quite frankly, I don't want it thrust down my throat by anybody! )

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Was talking to an individual recently re the amount of gay/lesbian coverage on pre-watershed tv. His words were..." its too much, too early in the evening, young kids shouldn't be exposed to all this. We don't want it thrust down our throats every five minutes by the pc brigade "
( Quite frankly, I don't want it thrust down my throat by anybody! )
Does this individual of yours watch GAY TV or something?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Does this individual of yours watch GAY TV or something?

No. His family...particularly his wife and kids watch a lot of soaps and he felt there was too much gay/lesbian content. Personally, I don't watch them, so can't really comment.
I do agree that Gay Pride should be renamed Pride or Brighton Carnival. Its served its purpose and now is nothing more than a second rate Notting Hill Carnival. Peter Tatchell and Stonewall have had their time. They succeeded in raising public awareness/consciousness about gay issues. Laws were changed. Some countries/religions will still persecute. You may never change views in parts of Africa/the Indian Sub Continent and other parts of the world. Thats something we all have to live with.
If you are comfortable with your own sexuality, then you should never have a problem with others and their private lives.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here