Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] AMEX transport - are the club thinking about ditching the subsidy

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Are the club looking ahead when contactless payment is the norm on various forms of public transport ?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
There is absolutely no way they could make us pay for trains.

Why? Make everyone who starts or goes through Brighton go through the barriers and that will catch a whole load of people.
Personally for me, if the levy is scrapped I will quit getting the train and drive and park within walking distance (quite where I'm not sure).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why? Make everyone who starts or goes through Brighton go through the barriers and that will catch a whole load of people.

This is not workable.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
This is not workable.

Why not? The number of people who go through the barriers at Brighton station between 6.00 and 8.00 on any weekday morning must greatly exceed the number who go to Falmer for any game - the station seems to manage that lot without a hitch

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Maybe not, but that's £35 per ST holder going to the club instead of the transport companies. That's nearly enough for a £20,000 a week player - worth doing IMHO

You are assuming that £20,000 a week will go towards a player? Maybe l'm being cynical, but it may well be spent on something else.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Why not? The number of people who go through the barriers at Brighton station between 6.00 and 8.00 on any weekday morning must greatly exceed the number who go to Falmer for any game - the station seems to manage that lot without a hitch

A few thousand sleepy commuters is a very different animal to 20+ thousand pissed up football fans.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I doubt the season ticket would be cheaper.

That would be ridiculous and show that the travel line last yr was a part excuse for the rises (which lets be honest it partially was I'm sure - they would've worked out what the transport would cost when originally pricing the ST). I absolutely think you're correct though, unfortunately :(

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
Personally, I think it's just them asking the question as some people are complaining about the subsidy.
The question I think we should REALLY be concentrating on is the one asking what would make you want to come earlier or stay later.
I answered "pre- or post-match entertainment, eg Gully's Girls".
Anyone else want to use this as a springboard to petition the club to bring them back?

I'd vote for bringing them back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here