Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League club has striking off order from Registrar of Companies. Who could it be?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I haven't as I'm not bothered .

You are so not bothered, you are on a rival's internet forum on a beautiful summer's evening, with so much going on in life, that you have to log onto Nsc, to tell us how not bothered you are.

Right.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I'll comment next Friday when the £15/20 m profits have been announced.
Are you getting that figure from eaglejez on the BBS? [emoji3]

2179b2090a16ad27d4f0a407bded7709.jpg

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
They certainly did. Interesting that they don't appear in those calculations.

I'm not an accountant, but I think I'm right in saying that the purchase of players would appear in the "Amort / impairment players" line of Operating Expenses, as any fee paid will be amortised over the length of contract. Therefore you wouldn't see it as a line in itself in the accounts (unlike Profit on Disposal players).

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Eaglejez fella knows about accounts and stuff so would trust him to be roughly right, but when he talks about Brighton's accounts he tends to stick to worst case scenario. Hes always talking about some financial thing to do with the stadium that we can't get away from, can anyone explain what it is?

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
Nah, they were submitted on time, but the PL have taken a long time checking them.

To be fair, it's not easy to check them, because there are Palace companies within Palace companies that make understanding the accounts extremely difficult, which I must point out is in no way a deliberate attempt to hide details or circumvent any rules.

That would be smoke and mirrors wouldn't it?

seaford

Feb 8, 2007

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I'm not an accountant, but I think I'm right in saying that the purchase of players would appear in the "Amort / impairment players" line of Operating Expenses, as any fee paid will be amortised over the length of contract. Therefore you wouldn't see it as a line in itself in the accounts (unlike Profit on Disposal players).

Yes, quite right.

If those figures are correct, it is the staff costs amount that may be an issue. Wouldn't stop them being published though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here