Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You know you were that kid

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I know that feeling. I was a WEAK child and I crumbled dramatically in 1993, aged 6. I couldn't handle being LAUGHED at any more when I came in on "sporting hero day" with a headband and a blue shirt and said I was Steve Foster.

"He's RUBBISH. Brighton are RUBBISH. Why don't you support MAN UTD?".

I wish I was stronger, but I wasn't. I crumbled and "picked" a prem team so I could also join in. I never stopped supporting the Albion, I just kept it quiet whilst I flaunted my Arsenal shirt and full goalkeeping kit with fake moustache at the next Sport Hero day.

To this day I still "follow" Arsenal. I can't just "turn it off" after 23 years, but any future child I have won't be allowed to make the same error I did. Be strong. Stick with your beliefs. :lolol:

Just turn it off, be strong

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Most were OK. Some were just mental.

Ended up at Forest v Millwall as a mate had a spare ticket. I spent the whole coach journey with beer and numerous other things being passed around and 'Let 'em all come down to the Den' blaring through the speakers. It was like a deleted scene from football factory. I then had people questioning where I sat at the ground as I hadn't been seen around before. Very Very strange day

I've enjoyed a few away days like that :)

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
At school to mid 70s and most of my mates went along to the Goldstone. Monday's were spent talking about the Albion if there had been a home game over the weekend. However for the playground football we all wanted to be Division 1 players rather than Albion players.

In fact I probably got my first job due to the Albion. At the interview when asked about interests I mentioned the Albion and then spent the next 30 minutes talking about the close season ground alterations and the prospects for the forthcoming season.

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost
My old school is 5 miles from the Amex. I was on a school trip coach as the Notts County playoff final took place, and remember being jeered mercilessly by the vast majority as the commentary was played over the PA.

Today my kids are growing up surrounded by fellow Brighton fans. They have no idea how lucky they are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here