Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When, and why, was Glenn Murray booked on Friday?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The updated discipline details on the FA website today show that Glenn Murray (as well as Knockaert) was booked on Friday.

I watched the game online (albeit at work, so not with my 100% attention) but don't remember him being booked. Also, I haven't seen any other source show his booking.

So, when was he booked, and for what?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Glenn was mouthing off at the ref and got a yellow for it. I was shit faced so the memory is unclear but seem to recall it being after the penalty not given episode.

Knockeart absolutely lost it after the 1st goal went in and was being restrained (by Bruno or Dunk) One of the Norwich players got booked as did he.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
The updated discipline details on the FA website today show that Glenn Murray (as well as Knockaert) was booked on Friday.

I watched the game online (albeit at work, so not with my 100% attention) but don't remember him being booked. Also, I haven't seen any other source show his booking.

So, when was he booked, and for what?

I just checked Bet 365 stats and no sign of a card for Murray. So if it happened it must have been a tunnel/going off the pitch incident.

bet365bn.png

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Knockeart absolutely lost it after the 1st goal went in and was being restrained (by Bruno or Dunk) One of the Norwich players got booked as did he.

This is why Dorrans and Knockaert were booked (this was literally seconds after Norwich scored):-

[TWEET]855501294378909696[/TWEET]

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Glenn was mouthing off at the ref and got a yellow for it. I was shit faced so the memory is unclear but seem to recall it being after the penalty not given episode.

One of the Norwich players deliberately barged into him. Should have been a foul

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
This is why Dorrans and Knockaert were booked (this was literally seconds after Norwich scored):-

[TWEET]855501294378909696[/TWEET]

That incident took place just before Norwich scored.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
They were making niggly challenges throughout the game, obviously up for it. Would have been nice to have Stephens on the pitch for the sake of balance.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Murray was booked at 20:25 immediately after they got their second goal for dissent to the referee close to the half way line.

I assume that those that watched on TV Sky were showing the 5th replay of the goal at the time and didn't pick up on the yellow card

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Murray was booked at 20:25 immediately after they got their second goal for dissent to the referee close to the half way line.

I assume that those that watched on TV Sky were showing the 5th replay of the goal at the time and didn't pick up on the yellow card

Cheers - I'll check the recording of the match later to see if there is any evidence shown.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
He's cheering the goal just having gone in. I'm amazed Knocky kept his cool; watching it, I wanted to knock Dorrans' block off!

Knocky didn't keep his cool, our players struggled to keep him away from the ref otherwise he was going to get a red card, I was surprised he came out for the second half to avoid another yellow and I guess that's why he was substituted later.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Knocky didn't keep his cool, our players struggled to keep him away from the ref otherwise he was going to get a red card, I was surprised he came out for the second half to avoid another yellow and I guess that's why he was substituted later.

BBC Radio Sussex had it down as showboating in the wrong areas of the pitch when we were 2-0 down, suggesting it may have been OK in the right areas if we were 2-0 up. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here