Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jeff sterlings outburst

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Don't think he'll be guest speaker at the League Managers Association dinner any time soon. TBH I'm not sure I agree with "neutral" presenters trying to get their managers sacked live on air - somehow abusing their priviledged position - but there's no denying he is genuinely passionate about his club. Might get a few requests from other supporters now - "we'd like you to get so-and-so sacked - just tell our board he/she has to go now, today".

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'd rather see something like that from someone as passionate about his club as we all are about ours than just another dull, beige presenter-bot not showing any emotion about anything.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Stelling is also quite good friends with Craig Hignett, who Dave Jones replaced as manager.

As much as Hartlepool's current league position is likely the main focus of his ire, I imagine he is particularly angry as he feels that his friend was shafted and would have done a better job if he was still there.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
My sister in law knows Stelling. He's more of a bell than you would think...

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Unprofessional and pathetic using your position as a TV presenter to demand that another person is sacked from their job live on air.

What a cock.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Unprofessional and pathetic using your position as a TV presenter to demand that another person is sacked from their job live on air.

What a cock.

Rubbish, the man supports an unfashionable club, he is well within his rights to have a pop.

Would you have slated Des Lynham in the war years, had he kicked off about our set of boardroom wankers?

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
I like Jeff Stelling as a presenter and find his vocal passion on air for a club like Hartlepool very refreshing

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Rubbish, the man supports an unfashionable club, he is well within his rights to have a pop.

Would you have slated Des Lynham in the war years, had he kicked off about our set of boardroom wankers?

He's Club President - if that is how he feels he could phone the chairman tonight and speak with him privately and personally. He did it on telly to get the kudos that people are now giving him. Using his privileged position of being a TV presenter to call for someone to lose their job is utterly classless.

And comparing an unsuccessful manager with corrupt owners intend on acquiring the assets of the club for just shy of £57 then selling the ground is just nonsense. Utterly different scenarios. But I suspect you know that.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
He's Club President - if that is how he feels he could phone the chairman tonight and speak with him privately and personally. He did it on telly to get the kudos that people are now giving him. Using his privileged position of being a TV presenter to call for someone to lose their job is utterly classless.

And comparing an unsuccessful manager with corrupt owners intend on acquiring the assets of the club for just shy of £57 then selling the ground is just nonsense. Utterly different scenarios. But I suspect you know that.

Garbage.

He's a fan. I'd do exactly the same in his position

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
He's Club President - if that is how he feels he could phone the chairman tonight and speak with him privately and personally.

How do we know that he hasn't spoken to the chairman about this already?

It's not the first time Hartlepool have been in a relegation battle in recent years, but I don't recall Stelling getting this angry towards a manager before, which suggests to me that his agenda is that he has been angry about Craig Hignett getting sacked earlier in the season who he is friends with.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here