Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings vs Brentford

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Stockdale 7 Penalty save kept us in game
Poc 6 Wide player went past at will
Duffy 7 Like at Huddersfield vunerable when nippy forwards play one twos.
Uwe 6 Marked down for lunging in for penalty but did ok
Bruno 6 Similar to Poc wide player went past at will. Player had free header for goal
Norwood 5 Contributed very little.
Sidwell 6 Lots of involvement in second half.
Ward 6 Tempted to mark up because was dangerous and on another day would of had 2 goals
Murray 5 Very poor.Only interested in getting on end of crosses and obtaining free kicks.
Skalak 3 May make odd tackle but contributes nothing going forward.
Knockhaert 6 So bad in 1st half not true. 2 great assists. Has he lost ability to go past or has he been sussed.
March 8 Has to be MOM as changed game.

Fantastic entertainment and credit for fighting back. At 2.2 I thought only us looked like winning.
Cannot understand why Kayal not playing instead of Norwood and hopefully wont see Skalak again

Ward ???

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
So reading these posts... a common theme is Norwood getting low ratings.... I agree with them from previous games.... what is it that CH sees in him that I don't....?.... he is slow and the game federally passes him by.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I think they are far to high marks actually, he passed to their players for than he did to ours, extra mark for the pass to Knocky for the cross to Hemed but that would get him to 4

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
Stockdale 8.5
Bruno 6.5
Duffy 7
Uwe 6.5
Pog 7

Sidwell 7
Norwood 6
Skalak 5.5
Knocky 7.5 (average. But sumptuous crosses so marked up)

Muzza 6
Murphy 6

Hemed 8
March 8.5
Akpom 7

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I think they are far to high marks actually, he passed to their players for than he did to ours, extra mark for the pass to Knocky for the cross to Hemed but that would get him to 4

He gave the ball away 5 times in the first 15 minutes, ALL of which were in dangerous positions within our own half.

For me, he offers absolutely nothing, even more so in a 2 man midfield. I was surprised he made it back out for the 2nd half with Kayal in the squad.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He gave the ball away 5 times in the first 15 minutes, ALL of which were in dangerous positions within our own half.

For me, he offers absolutely nothing, even more so in a 2 man midfield. I was surprised he made it back out for the 2nd half with Kayal in the squad.

Probably because Kayal was even worse on Thursday......

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton

This is something that has been happening all season. I've never seen a player before who has to apologise to his team mates so much.

This cannot have been missed by CH but I guess he's the only option we have when others aren't fit.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
I guess we are seeing Norwood because Stephens is out and Kayal isn't match fit (and was dire on Thursday). Sidwell and Norwood do seem to be one of the better midfield combinations. Maybe we will be trying Towell soon? The only explanation for Skalak playing was for his 'perceived' defensive qualities and/ or to protect March from risk of injury (i.e. because he's not deemed to be match fit).

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I think Hemed should start the away games. It wasn't long ago when it was the general consensus that Murray wasn't performing away. Then he scored a couple? and it was all forgotten.

He's reverted back to type now so start Hemed.

Funnily enough I was just thinking this, start Murray at home and Hemed away

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The amount of sevens being given out here is laughable after that first half performance, despite the character shown to get back into it. Hning over good teams.

Stockdale 7.5 - can't argue with this

Bruno 6
Duffy 6
Uwe 5
Poc 5.5
Knocky 6.5
Sidwell 6.5
Norwood 4
Skalak 3
Murray 6
Murphy 4
===
March 7
Akpom 6
Hemed 7

Last edited:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Found it difficult to read the game from our position, six or so rows up from pitch side, near the far corner flag. Makes you realise what cracking views you get in the WSU:

Stockdale 8 -- third consecutive penalty save, one belter soon after, distribution back up to his usual high standards after that Huddersfield mare, but didn't do too much beyond that, apart from picking the ball out of the net
Bruno 6 -- slow start and got a bit kamikaze towards the end and was beaten, leaving us badly exposed, a few times. Flair though, but we know that.
Duffy 7 -- full on Duffy, but struggled against their movement, and really should have buried that other chance
Hunemeier 5.5 -- a bit rusty
Pocognoli 6 -- struggled especially with their overlapping full-back, but showed good character in the second half to get us back in it
Knockaert 7.5 -- he really does try too hard at times, but involved in all three goals, with two cracking crosses. At least his assist count now looks better.
Norwood 5 -- didn't impose himself on the game, but played some key passes
Sidwell 7 -- strong, committed performance, played a key role in turning things round
Skalak 4.5 -- one great cross, and I can understand his selection, but hasn't done much this season, and if our front eight are fit, I think he'll increasingly struggle to make the 18
Murphy 6 -- good running with the ball and movement against a pushed-up defence. Frustrating though. He's heading is dire, as that great chance showed, and his crossing and shooting is too weak.
Murray 5.5 -- things didn't quite work out today

March 8.5 MotM -- when he connects with the ball, there's not much goalkeepers can do. His pace, balance and skill are something to behold.
Akpom 6 -- did alright, I think he would have scored from that chance from a yard out, but ...
... Hemed got in the way -- 7 -- put himself about, good finish, but could easily have had a hat-trick

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
Stockdale 7 Penalty save kept us in game
Poc 6 Wide player went past at will
Duffy 7 Like at Huddersfield vunerable when nippy forwards play one twos.
Uwe 6 Marked down for lunging in for penalty but did ok
Bruno 6 Similar to Poc wide player went past at will. Player had free header for goal
Norwood 5 Contributed very little.
Sidwell 6 Lots of involvement in second half.
Ward 6 Tempted to mark up because was dangerous and on another day would of had 2 goals
Murray 5 Very poor.Only interested in getting on end of crosses and obtaining free kicks.
Skalak 3 May make odd tackle but contributes nothing going forward.
Knockhaert 6 So bad in 1st half not true. 2 great assists. Has he lost ability to go past or has he been sussed.
March 8 Has to be MOM as changed game.

Fantastic entertainment and credit for fighting back. At 2.2 I thought only us looked like winning.
Cannot understand why Kayal not playing instead of Norwood and hopefully wont see Skalak again

Ward??

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
This is the Argus ratings (Brian Owen)
via: http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb...yers_rated_against_Brentford___do_you_agree_/

DAVID STOCKDALE 9
Game over if he had not saved Vibe's penalty, his third of the year. Spot-kicks struck more or less down the middle with power usually go in, so it was some effort to divert it over the bar.

BRUNO 6
The skipper was steadier after Van La Parra have him such a difficult time at Huddersfield but still some way below his best. Booked during the frantic finale.

SHANE DUFFY 7
Difficult for the normally dominant Irishman without regular partner Lewis Dunk missing through suspension. Header brought Albion level and helped erase defeat on his home debut in September.

UWE HUENEMEIER 5
Unexpected first league appearance for the injury-hit German for 14 months. Lack of ultra-competitive game time was exposed, especially with the challenge which gave away the penalty.

SEB POCOGNOLI 6
Suffered in the first half, when he received little assistance from Skalak. Looked much more at ease with March ahead of him after the break.

ANTHONY KNOCKAERT 8
A hugely frustrating afternoon suddenly came good when he played a big part in all three goals. Carried the ball a long way for the first, then delivered two fine crosses.

OLLIE NORWOOD 5
Part of a midfield which was too passive in the first half. Albion stuck with him during the second period and the increase in tempo helped him.

STEVE SIDWELL 6
Failed to make an impact in the first half as Brentford’s short-passers did their thing. Got more into it in the second period without being influential. Booked for an altercation with McEachran.

JIRI SKALAK 5
A pinpoint cross for the head of Murphy was his one highlight in a disappointing 45 minutes against a very attack-minded right-back in Clarke. Replaced at the interval.

JAMIE MURPHY 6
Asked to operate off the frontman and, while imprecise in his finishing, at least looked he could trouble the home back-line. Taken off in the late push.

GLENN MURRAY 6
A frustrating afternoon against the home pair. Would have loved to have been out there as the crosses started flying in late on.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here