Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

American cops killing black men

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
When I was working in Montreal a few years ago, I must have flicked on to an American news channel and it had a scrolling bar at the bottom of the screen with that days terrorist threat level. Very bizarre

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
It's got to be due to the culture of fear they have in the States.

They feel the need to be armed because they fear that if they don't have firearms, then they will be attacked and killed as other people are out to do them harm. Police officers responding to a situation are fearful of being shot on duty and will shoot first to protect themselves. One of the recent cases involved the individual with a permit to carry a firearm being asked for his driving license, which he tried to retrieve from his glove box, the officer shot him fearing he was reaching for a gun.

I saw that, fortunately he survived. I seem to remember that the copper was as shocked as the man he shot.

FREDBINNEY

Banned
Dec 11, 2009
From the look of that, typical power hungry, lowly county officer. If I had been one of the bystanders, I would've call the state police direct to get his ass put back in it's rightful place.
he was the state police !!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Surely easier to have a thread each time a cop doesn't kill a black man to save overloading the boards with these type of threads.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Have to wonder how many incidents of this nature happen in the US..weekly, monthly etc!
And by "nature" I mean the apparently questionable behaviour of the officers actions against any person they're arresting getting shot!
Always seems to be plastered all over the media when it's white officers and a black person being shot!
It's as if no other race of people appear to be meeting their fate at the hands of US police officers!!!!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I dont think race even comes into it, as black officers have also been involved.. The police there seem to be some sort of heavily armed gang, with an 'us or them' mentality.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
For some years now, I've thought the world and mankind couldn't get any worse. But it does, it's relentless. Stephen Hawking suggests that mankind won't be around in a thousand years.....sadly I have to admire his optimism.
People laughed in the sixties with its Flower Power, but by Christ it was a much happier place to live in then. I was even content to just be winning occasionally...in the Third Division (South) :)

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
i love America,its a beautiful fascinating country,the vast majority of the people are.....well simply just nice people getting on with stuff.
im a bit biased my family live there.So i quite like to defend the country when people attack its morality or laws......i mean its them not us so not really any of our business.

But FFS they need to get a grip,there is no excuse for cops wilfully executing a black man if this turns out to be true,but there is also no excuse murdering police officers in Dallas.....what a sad state of affairs

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Guns. How can everyone having guns make you safe? It is just so mind numbingly stupid. Of course police officers feel threatened, everyone feels threatened. Tragic.

For some years now, I've thought the world and mankind couldn't get any worse. But it does, it's relentless. Stephen Hawking suggests that mankind won't be around in a thousand years.....sadly I have to admire his optimism.
People laughed in the sixties with its Flower Power, but by Christ it was a much happier place to live in then. I was even content to just be winning occasionally...in the Third Division (South) :)

A wonderful period of love:love:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNss5XliGco

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
How many people have to die before they learn?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

You have not thought it through.

How to answer algebraically:

First integer is "x"
Add 2 to get the next even integer, it is "x+2"
And the third is "x+4"

We know the sum is 42, so we get the equation:
x+(x+2)+(x+4) = 42
3x = 36
x = 12.

So the first is 12, second is 14, and third is 16. Hope that helped!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here