Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Photography thread

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Great. The colours are definitely autumnal and no people. Shows the regeneration in a 60's postcard style??

Thanks Knocky. I was trying to get that autumn feel and also experiment with a bit of High Dynamic Range editing.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
attachment.php

Taken at RAF Northolt, early morning Dec 5th.

Attachments

• IMG_20151205_073200.jpg
    IMG_20151205_073200.jpg
    892.9 KB · Views: 630

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Photoshop Effort.

I'm learning Photoshop. This is my take on what the Pelican Crossing green figure will look like in a few years!

Attachments

• Green man nsc.jpg
    Green man nsc.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 266

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I'm learning Photoshop. This is my take on what the Pelican Crossing green figure will look like in a few years!

do you use lightroom?

I've noticed you like a landscape or two and there is a guy I follow on youtube called Serge Ramelli (look him up) who is a very good instructor for learning the basics of getting the most out of your landscapes, most of his tutorials can also be applied to Adobe Camera Raw (this opens when you import a RAW image into photoshop).

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
do you use lightroom?

I've noticed you like a landscape or two and there is a guy I follow on youtube called Serge Ramelli (look him up) who is a very good instructor for learning the basics of getting the most out of your landscapes, most of his tutorials can also be applied to Adobe Camera Raw (this opens when you import a RAW image into photoshop).

I have Photoshops CS6 and when I open a thumbnail from Explorer, it opens with Camera Raw. I'll have a look at Serge Ramelli's videos and report back. Thanks for the tip.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Serge Ramelli's tutorials are great. I've edited the Old Steine Fountain photo I took a few years ago as per one of Serge's Camera Raw lessons.

Attachments

• Work edit NSC.JPG
    Work edit NSC.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 230
  • Work edit a NSC.jpg
    Work edit a NSC.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 229

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
On a photo shoot in New Zealand last month I managed to get away and shoot some pics of the local beach.

3 minute long exposures with my 10 stop ND filter

1.jpg

2.jpg

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 199

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Serge Ramelli's tutorials are great. I've edited the Old Steine Fountain photo I took a few years ago as per one of Serge's Camera Raw lessons.

Well done JS, massive difference between before and after. I might have to start looking over my shoulder :)

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Well done JS, massive difference between before and after. I might have to start looking over my shoulder :)

I am merely a speckle as you look over your shoulder!

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
attachment.php

Short Eared Owl (wild) taken in East Sussex yesterday.
As always, a top-notch bird shot. How do you do it? I've never even seen an owl in the wild, never mind having the oportunity to photograph one, but I suppose you don't see many on the seafront where I live!

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
As always, a top-notch bird shot. How do you do it? I've never even seen an owl in the wild, never mind having the oportunity to photograph one, but I suppose you don't see many on the seafront where I live!

That's because you're never up early enough and you're a bloody townie lol. Hello !!!!!

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

Glad to hear it. He is very good at explaining how to bring back the shadows and highlights without going overboard on the HDR effect.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
That's because you're never up early enough and you're a bloody townie lol. Hello !!!!!

You're not wrong. Speak to you later....HELLO!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here