Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Premier League Draft.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I think my team has got too many players that, despite an honours list as long as a long thing, simply aren't popular players e.g Wes Brown.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Need a right back so filling into that position is the Swedish legend who was a favourite amongst the fans at both Wednesday and Coventry
Roland Nilsson

Over to [MENTION=13376]albionalex[/MENTION]
Oh for **** ****ing sake you absolute ****er! :wink:

I REALLY thought I was going to be able to grab him!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I think my team has got too many players that, despite an honours list as long as a long thing, simply aren't popular players e.g Wes Brown.

It could be worse, you could still have this lot:

Peter Irwin, Denis Ljungberg, Freddie Keane, Robbie Ivanovic, Branislav Van Der Vaart, Rafael Viduka, Mark Sherwood, Tim Hendry,

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Is it me now ?
Yes mate :)

Coutinho justifying my decision to pick him. What.A.Player

I make it that we have kinda jumped out of the right order as foolg was supposed to be up and then back to Hamilton whose last pick was only a catch up pick.

[MENTION=6505]Foolg[/MENTION] would nearly be out of time again and is several picks behind anyway and [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] would have been next to pick after foolg who has about 3hrs remaining.

[MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] follows and then it would be [MENTION=22841]stripeyshark[/MENTION] (unfair to make people drop their selections now so that someone else can hijack that pick )

There are a lot of catch up picks still to be made which is adding to the confusion:
[MENTION=1349]turienzo's lovechild[/MENTION] has two catch up picks
[MENTION=6505]Foolg[/MENTION] now has 4 catch up picks
[MENTION=14929]Max Paper[/MENTION] has 8 picks to make
[MENTION=5542]Horsham Gull[/MENTION] has 2 picks to make
[MENTION=23421]JOLovegrove[/MENTION] has 2 picks to make

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
It could be worse, you could still have this lot:

Peter Irwin, Denis Ljungberg, Freddie Keane, Robbie Ivanovic, Branislav Van Der Vaart, Rafael Viduka, Mark Sherwood, Tim Hendry,

Those names remind me of old games of Championship Manager: you'd get to the 2040/41 season and the leading scorer would be somebody like 'Wayne Bakayoko' or 'Ibrahim Keown'.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

I had similar selection headaches too. Do you pick someone who has a great medal haul in the PL or a name who had most of his success elsewhere but is more of a household name. As this should be judged on their PL career, I went with the PL success (O'Shea with 5 PL titles over Mertesacker in my case for example)

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I had similar selection headaches too. Do you pick someone who has a great medal haul in the PL or a name who had most of his success elsewhere but is more of a household name. As this should be judged on their PL career, I went with the PL success (O'Shea with 5 PL titles over Mertesacker in my case for example)

Yes, absolutely, that's been my thought process all the way through apart from Coutinho. Sadly I suspect people will look more favourably at, for example, Alexis Sanchez over Premier League winning captain Tim Sherwood.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
[MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] you're up (when you have chosen, please send a notification to [MENTION=22841]stripeyshark[/MENTION] who will follow you and then MattBackHome to get us back on track)

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
[MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] you're up (when you have chosen, please send a notification to [MENTION=22841]stripeyshark[/MENTION] who will follow you and then MattBackHome to get us back on track)

Will do skipper.

I won't be making a pick until the morning though.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
[MENTION=22841]stripeyshark[/MENTION] will be able to pick from 04:33 if Hamilton doesn't pick earlier

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Right, next pick.

This guy really annoys me. But, he has won 4 Premier League medals.

NANI

181801302-e1389866785247.jpg

over to you [MENTION=22841]stripeyshark[/MENTION]

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
I have woken up to 5 mentions from this thread! I will make my pick shortly.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
A couple of things are required from those who could be on the bench.

1- competition for those in the starting XI.
2- allow you to change your formation

So, one of my favourite players not to play for BHAFC, genuine competition for Essien in the middle and a great leader:

MATT HOLLAND

Oct 25, 2003
ok, making my catch up picks.

completing my defence is a fine left back going by the name of STIG INGE BJORNEBYE

my substitute goalkeeper will be SANDER WESTERVELD

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here