Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FFS- the inlaws have (very kindly ) paid and suprised us with a holiday to a holiday ....

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
My family had a caravan there in the 70s when I was a kid, I loved it (but then I was a kid).

I went back there a few years ago just to have a look as I was passing Chichester. I'm pleased I got out alive.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It's fairly obvious that your in-laws think their daughter has married below herself, but having got over the shock, are now trying to befriend you by booking you a holiday which they think you will enjoy, given your social status :thumbsup:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It's fairly obvious that your in-laws think their daughter has married below herself, but having got over the shock, are now trying to befriend you by booking you a holiday which they think you will enjoy, given your social status :thumbsup:

That really made me laugh. Very funny.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
.... Park in Selsey
I am informed (on pain of death) that I have to go for a couple of days .

Anyone ever been? What's it like?

Will anyone try and kill me?

hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

Funniest thing i've read for ages.

You will be right at home, amongst the 6-fingered, cloven-hooved, hunch-backed inmates

torchieboy

Jul 11, 2003
felpham, near bognor regis
Great for entertainment but not much else. Probably best not to venture into selseys pubs as they can be inhabited by the cheap tarmac brigade !
just pop out to watch whatever bands playing then straight back to the caravan to play cards and eye spy. Be safe and remember to stick to the road,
you never know whats lurking in the fields

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Great for entertainment but not much else. Probably best not to venture into selseys pubs as they can be inhabited by the cheap tarmac brigade !
just pop out to watch whatever bands playing then straight back to the caravan to play cards and eye spy. Be safe and remember to stick to the road,
you never know whats lurking in the fields

Yep, good advice, leave your canoe at home and listen out for banjos

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
.... Park in Selsey
I am informed (on pain of death) that I have to go for a couple of days .

Anyone ever been? What's it like?

Will anyone try and kill me?

It's a hard life, having a holiday paid for you, whether it be Selsey or Sydney. I suggest you make the most of it and enjoy yourself. Generally, it doesn't matter where you go, it is who you go with...

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Didn't Paul Weller write "That's Entertainment" there?

He did. AND he was in a caravan at the time.

Oh, and for the info of the op: Its horrible down there. There's few grimmer places than Selsey Bill/Bracklesham Bay on a wet windy day. It will be full of Brummie old boilers with weight problems and orange tans on girls weekends. I've no idea when you are going, but it will rain when you are there. Entertainment in the clubhouse will probably be a Showaddywaddy tribute band or similar.

Enjoy.......

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
When we was there is was an ABBA tribute act and the winner of Stars in Their Eyes portraying Billy Fury both were good and very enjoyable entertainment for the 2 evenings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here