Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Adam Clayton saga - now officially signed for Middlesbrough

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
How so? Because a player doesn't want to relocate X hundred miles and instead would rather move just 25? He's a human being and maybe hauling his life down south wasn't something he was willing to do. What exactly do you propose our recruitment team do to try and change his mind? Just throw more money at him? Maybe his family is more important than the £££...

Of course I have no idea. I could be wrong. But I don't presume to know the facts

If our recruitment process was average they would know after one day the player has no interest in relocating.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The club/TB just need to be honest and admit we are not really competing in the transfer market with promotion in mind. You have to speculate to accumulate to an extent and we are getting outbid continuously. If we are uncompetitive on transfers fine but the club have to set expectations! I see crowds dropping dramatically after this season with our current recruitment policy.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I suspect he may have asked for a whopping relocation fee (£500k? )... and maybe the club told him to do one.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
If our recruitment process was average they would know after one day the player has no interest in relocating.

Maybe we were more attractive than Huddersfield but maybe Middlesbrough were more attractive than us because of its location.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
How so? Because a player doesn't want to relocate X hundred miles and instead would rather move just 25? He's a human being and maybe hauling his life down south wasn't something he was willing to do. What exactly do you propose our recruitment team do to try and change his mind? Just throw more money at him? Maybe his family is more important than the £££...

Of course I have no idea. I could be wrong. But I don't presume to know the facts

Just to bring fact to this thread - Middlebrough is 119 miles from Manchester as opposed to Brighton which is 257 miles. He chose the lesser of two evils for a professional northerner I assume.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007

Not true. That would rely on him being completely open with us from day one. He may have been interested, until someone closer to home came in for him.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
not really Naylors fault, he only reported what we had also heard from various sources.

A player that has always played up north was unlikely to sign for us if Boro were at the table.

Interesting to hear the boards opinion leter today though.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Just to bring fact to this thread - Middlebrough is 119 miles from Manchester as opposed to Brighton which is 257 miles. He chose the lesser of two evils for a professional northerner I assume.

Thanks for the miles :thumbsup: As you say, lesser of two evils. Could have absolutely nothing to do with money.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
not really Naylors fault, he only reported what we had also heard from various sources.

A player that has always played up north was unlikely to sign for us if Boro were at the table.

Interesting to hear the boards opinion leter today though.

Just heard from my sauces, his flat cap and whippet didn't want to move

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

Shows lack of career ambition it every move is chosen by how close he is to his mummy and daddy's house.

:facepalm:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Andy Naylor getting rinsed on twitter!

The Albion recruitment team doesn't close a deal that was also described as almost done by reliable NSC sauces - and Andy Naylor is getting criticised? The world is upside-down.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Is the announcement of the free Wifi at the ground actually to help Burke find out where the transfer targets have gone during the game.....

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The Albion recruitment team doesn't close a deal that was also described as almost done by reliable NSC sauces - and Andy Naylor is getting criticised? The world is upside-down.

Andy Naylor has done nothing wrong. The lynch mob would find another reason to have a go at him if he had kept quiet about our interest in him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here