• Total voters

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
get him in, get him in, get HIM IN, GET HIM IN, GET HIM IN

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I was always against Bobby coming back as, he's old, always injured and because of that old cliche "never go back", but after watching him yesterday my opinion has changed.

If he would take a huge wage cut, in return for a true home coming where he will be hero worshipped by the fans and if he would accept he will more often then not only be a bit part player, then I would love him to come home, he'd be great coming off the bench, and it would certainly give the Amex a massive buzz about it.

He always said he'd finish his career with us and realistically I think next season will be his last, so Mr Bloom do the right thing bring him home.

Seagull97

Jan 13, 2014
But what if. This is a big if. He is the same bobby and he has just been lacking that desire and drive?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I was always against Bobby coming back as, he's old, always injured and because of that old cliche "never go back", but after watching him yesterday my opinion has changed.

If he would take a huge wage cut, in return for a true home coming where he will be hero worshipped by the fans and if he would accept he will more often then not only be a bit part player, then I would love him to come home, he'd be great coming off the bench, and it would certainly give the Amex a massive buzz about it.

He always said he'd finish his career with us and realistically I think next season will be his last, so Mr Bloom do the right thing bring him home.

Exactly my view. I had thought it would taint his reputation here if he came back. But recently he's looked pretty good for QPR. I'm in the yes camp now. Would love him back.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
He'd be a boost for the club, but at the same time he would constitute a luxury in as much as you would only expect 20 games from him. He still has quality as witnessed by his goal yesterday, but he will produce it only in flashes now. As an option to bring on in a tight game against a stubborn team with men behind the ball that's hard to break down, however, I can definitely see the merits of signing him. Realistically his days as a first team regular have gone now though.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Yes yes yes.

People talking about him as expensive should remember that shirt sales and merchandise alone would pay for him. Total legend.

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009
i would chip in some of my own cash to see him in the `Number 25 shirt again..... sorry Kaz.

superb on his day a match winner, adored by the fans.

if he came back to us and he did what he did yesterday in an Albion shirt (scored the winning goal that fired us into the PL). He may well then even surpass Wardy in the Albion hall of fame?

#comehomebobby

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Yes yes yes.

People talking about him as expensive should remember that shirt sales and merchandise alone would pay for him. Total legend.

Can you expand on that? Exactly how do you come to the conclusion that the arrival of Zamora would lead to a massive increase in shirt sales, over and above normal sales, to the extent that it would cover his wages? For argument sake, assume he earns £15k a week, that is £780,000 per year. That equates to shirt sales of (say at £50 a pop) 15,600. That is obviously based on sale price where as you really need to know the profit element of the shirt sales to calculate it. That is assuming he would drop his salary but that much!

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009
Can you expand on that? Exactly how do you come to the conclusion that the arrival of Zamora would lead to a massive increase in shirt sales, over and above normal sales, to the extent that it would cover his wages? For argument sake, assume he earns £15k a week, that is £780,000 per year. That equates to shirt sales of (say at £50 a pop) 15,600. That is obviously based on sale price where as you really need to know the profit element of the shirt sales to calculate it. That is assuming he would drop his salary but that much!

i'm a bit to old for the name on shirt lark, i don't even buy replica shirts anymore....... but if it was Zamora again, i wont be able to resist.

if we sold 5k shirts extra it would cut his 15k per week into 10k..... the buzz would be so much bigger than CMS or Vicente imo

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
i'm a bit to old for the name on shirt lark, i don't even buy replica shirts anymore....... but if it was Zamora again, i wont be able to resist.

if we sold 5k shirts extra it would cut his 15k per week into 10k..... the buzz would be so much bigger than CMS or Vicente imo

Exactly this. I haven't bought a shirt for a long time but I would buy one with Zamora on the back, actually I'd buy at least three.

Goldstone76

Jun 13, 2013
Bobby scoring in the last minute to get us promotion next year?? Yes anything is possible. He would also be a great mentor to our DS players..

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
It would be a mind-numbing cut in wages he'd have to take. Would be great to have him but just don't see him as the sort who would play for the love of the game! Money money money all the way.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
I'm sure I saw an interview with him a while back which said he doesn't even enjoy playing football really, and that he see's it as a job.

I'd happily take him back if we were to sell Ulloa, I think Zamora would be the ideal cheap, short term replacement (if he was on 15k a week for a year and gave us 15 goals, i'd take that) without the drop in quality, however he is injury prone so not sure how it'd work out.

We'd still need to buy another striker as he couldn't be relied on for a whole season.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It would be a mind-numbing cut in wages he'd have to take. Would be great to have him but just don't see him as the sort who would play for the love of the game! Money money money all the way.

I think he'll have to take a large cut in wages wherever he goes; QPR have been overpaying all of their players. Just depends on whether or not we're prepared to match the best offer, and/or if he would take a cut to have one last season (or two) at the club where it all started for him.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here