Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace release 15 players

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I wouldn't be surprised if Moxey came under consideration if we were unable to sign Ward.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Moxey, Parr, Gabbidon, Wilbraham and Alexander released. Not 15 players.

Not an entirely accurate statement , some of your youngsters have been let go (Alexander,Sow,Sekajja,Taylor,Tieku,Fitzsimons,King and Gordon) with Chamakh, Speroni and Dikgacoi still talking or looking elsewhere. If the last 3 leave that will make up the 15 players.

Last edited:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I don't care how red & blue Speroni is he is far to good as a number 2 (not poo)
He would be an absolute cocklobster to stay if that was the case.
Good enough for many prem clubs.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Although the PL has been a step too far for Aaron and a few of the others released, there is little evidence that they do not possess enough quality to fulfil Brighton's requirements.

I can't speak for the other players, granted, but Wilbraham: there is plenty of evidence. He was shit when he actually played for you and he's shit now. That is evident merely by looking at him. He's too shit even for us. He'll be lucky to find a Championship side (I did hear Blackpool are looking, but they're relegation favourites anyway).

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Although the PL has been a step too far for Aaron and a few of the others released, there is little evidence that they do not possess enough quality to fulfil Brighton's requirements.

I think that the championship was a step too far for Wilbraham. Did he score a goal in a league match?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

There is zero point in us signing any players that don't have the potential to step up to the Premier League within their contract length.

Wilbraham is useless, and many Palace fans seem to agree, so there is no point in signing him at all.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Parr and Gabbidon are both solid championship players. Moxey did well for us but loves to drop a bollox most games. Can easily see one of them ended up with you guys, Most probably Gabbidon.

I'd be shocked if Speroni doesn't sign a 1 or 2 year deal to stay at Palace, But you never know. His current form would suggest he has at least a couple of seasons left in him. Can't see him playing at the AMEX though.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
There is zero point in us signing any players that don't have the potential to step up to the Premier League within their contract length.

Wilbraham is useless, and many Palace fans seem to agree, so there is no point in signing him at all.

Agree Wilbraham possess zero goal threat. Not what you need, Will go to a lower end Championship team.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
I think that the championship was a step too far for Wilbraham. Did he score a goal in a league match?

Calvin Andrew was another whose goal scoring record could be considered a tad underwhelming, but the lower expectations at Brighton I believe resulted in him having more than enough in his locker to book his place in Albion folklore?

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Wilbraham is useless

Tut, tut. He is eager and runs around a great deal in a most enthusiastic manner. He would make an excellent life model for a series of limited edition action footballing figurines. Enquiries made of his employer may also reveal him to be housetrained.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Calvin Andrew was another whose goal scoring record could be considered a tad underwhelming, but the lower expectations at Brighton I believe resulted in him having more than enough in his locker to book his place in Albion folklore?

We were in the League 1 relegation zone then.

dan4bha

Mar 27, 2014
Parr would be excellent if Ward chooses to go elsewhere. Gabbidon also not bad cover for Dunk and Greer

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here