Votes: 168 84.0%
  • Jurgen

Votes: 32 16.0%

• Total voters

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The lad Locadia has to bewildered paraded on the pitch when he signed record fee at the time, good debut yes I know it was Coventry and then never started a home league game. Scored against Swansea quick reaction for a perfectly good goal against WH. I was hoping Murray would be left out following his head injury at Wolves and we could finally see him in action in the league at home. Glenn scores granted but could we score more if he had a striker that didn’t turn back when on the break?

Is this going to be Dean Saunders all over again?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Tomer every time.

Locadia has made nothing of the opportunities he has been given on the field and now we know that his attitude stinks as well. Get rid soonest.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Hemed is a really hard worker and makes up for his deficiencies elsewhere with his tenacity and effort - a rare thing in a modern footballer. It was a mistake to loan him out imho, he is a very useful replacement (like for like) for Murray and he's very popular with our support. In short he's everything that Locadia has proven himself not to be. I too felt that Jurgen had something just waiting to 'happen', but by going down the press route he's become a very expensive Elvis overnight - literally not much wriggle room now, he's (soon to be) history I'm sure.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
I love Hemed's commitment and work ethic but sadly I dont think he quite has what it takes for the Prem.

Based on age & guessing largely at potential to come I chose Locadia based on Hemed reaching his peak but maybe plenty more to come from Locadia

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Oh great, another daily slag off Locadia thread.
Think I'll trust CH who had this choice in the Summer.
Loved Hemed and no question over his work ethic or ability level, but Locadia has the potential to be one of our best ever forwards whether you bunch of *insert expletive* decide to show him the support he deserves or not. I can understand his frustration and just hope he gets a proper chance before he's moved on and we rue the day we allowed a top striker to slip through our fingertips, like Benitez with Mitrovic.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
...Locadia has the potential to be one of our best ever forwards whether you bunch of *insert expletive* decide to show him the support he deserves or not...

Are you sure/serious on this point? For me, i have supported him, but continuing to do so after he's goes crying to the press... well... in spite of willing him to do well, I can't agree with his very public attitude toward not being picked. It smacks of gross unprofessionalism and shows a substantial level of immaturity. I can't support a player like that, and unless he issues a public apology, I wont be.

As for potentially being one of our best ever forwards.... hmmmmmmm you jest surely? He may well prove to be, but he hasn't shown me that 'potential', far from it.

Last edited:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Voted locadia for sh*ts and giggles.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
This is an absolutely farcical poll result.

Its been clear ever since we were promoted that the club has been trying to bring in powerful strikers with more pace about them to replace GM and Hemed. We've had a number of setbacks but did secure Locadia, but he's been unfortunate in that Glenn has made himself undroppable through his goals and canny play. Right now we're in staying up mode and so we keep playing Glenn, but it does feel that it is limiting us in our style away from home. If Locadia had turned in the kind of performance at Everton that GM did he would be getting slaughtered for that, but as it is we only have a handful of sub appearances and games away at Man City to go on for him, as well as good performances in the cup last year. Right now there's lots of vitriol thrown at Jurgen, but its just a simple thing that he is behind an undroppable player in the pecking order and has to bide his time, no more no less.

The idea though, that when we do need a full-time replacement for Murray it should be Hemed, a not so good version of Murray, is laughable.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The idea though, that when we do need a full-time replacement for Murray it should be Hemed, a not so good version of Murray, is laughable.

That wasn't the question though.

It's more "who would you prefer to be our Murray back-up now?"

I don't think anyone believes that Tomer Hemed is the future as a starting striker in a Premier League Albion side.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
That wasn't the question though.

It's more "who would you prefer to be our Murray back-up now?"

I don't think anyone believes that Tomer Hemed is the future as a starting striker in a Premier League Albion side.

right, so if no-one believes that, then it shouldn't be him. I don't know whether it should be Andone or Locadia, but if Murray breaks his leg tomorrow it should be one of those two, and thus they need to be the ones getting the minutes at the moment.

Look, its just a nasty little poll to have a dig at the guy, doesn't reflect well on us

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here