Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Jan 30, 2008
That is what you said. You said the loss of shops is due to the internet and rising costs. So, if, as you also state, brexit has nothing to do with it, then brexit has not had any influence on costs, even though you admired that it had effected the economy.

ANY COMMENT ON VISA FREE ENTRY IN TO THE EU BOY ?
regards
DR

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
That's exactly what the Tories want. Run down the Health Service and then announce plans to privatise this bit and privatise that bit.
The USA are rubbing their hands together at the thought of selling us health insurance.

Would've thought the Spanish and French would have had more expertise selling health insurance to Brits?Perhaps their prices are too high.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Ok. No idea on the visa regulations (not sure they have been announced), but glad to see you are seeing some sense and acknowledging the negative impact Brexit has had on the high street and economy.

Have you applied to the BBC for a job?You sound like a perfect fit.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
does this apply to just holidays? If so it is a reduction of what we can do now !

Yes - 90 days visa free travel in any 180 day period has been proposed by The Commission today provided The UK reciprocates to all EU nationals coming here - https://www.rte.ie/news/business/20...es-visa-free-travel-for-britons-after-brexit/

An ETIAS visitor visa-waiver will be required for anything over that as it stands - that will include questions on employment, criminal and medical records.

Jan 30, 2008
Yes - 90 days visa free travel in any 180 day period has been proposed by The Commission today provided The UK reciprocates to all EU nationals coming here - https://www.rte.ie/news/business/20...es-visa-free-travel-for-britons-after-brexit/

An ETIAS visitor visa-waiver will be required for anything over that as it stands - that will include questions on employment, criminal and medical records.
I can see a few AWOL jumping on the bandwagon to be fair
regards
DR

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
That is what you said. You said the loss of shops is due to the internet and rising costs. So, if, as you also state, brexit has nothing to do with it, then brexit has not had any influence on costs, even though you admired that it had effected the economy.

:facepalm: What did you do at Uni - please tell me it wasn't economics ?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
So far far far less than now. What about if you want to work there or live there?

Yes, as has been told to you time and time again ..... no FoM. Accept it into your heart.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I can see a few AWOL jumping on the bandwagon to be fair
regards
DR

You're supposed to apply for a visa to The United States and attend an interview at The US Embassy if you've ever been arrested here for anything, for example. However The US Department of Homeland Security doesn't have direct access to The UK Police National Computer - they'd have to make an individual request on a person of interest via Interpol. So for visiting The US for example, unless you're on Home Office or equivalent watch list, are currently released from prison on license, have committed an offence that has given you notoriety, unfortunately share the same name as someone with notoriety (I used to know a bloke called Paul McGuinness who had a brother called Martin for example) or are a 21 year old male from Bradford called Muhammed, who's just spent 6 months in Pakistan and is travelling to New York for the first time on his own - you can enter The US no problem on The VWP, all things considered. Plenty have.

I can't see ETIAS or whatever we end up doing for EU nationals being any different.

Last edited:

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
The sh*t will hit the fan from all sides. Whatever May has put in place will please no-one. Question will be, whether MPs suck it or reject it.

If they reject the Governments plan, then MPs have a duty to put either the prospect of "No deal" or current deal (i.e staying in the EU) to the people.

I know Brexiteers would love us to jump off a cliff, but they need to remember that they did not win the referendum by a landslide. It was 52/48.

Simply ignoring a very sizeable majority who do not want a no deal and all its consequences, could have dire consequences for a large number of this countries population. The real fear of extended austerity, the fear of violence particularly in N Ireland is not something I believe people voted for.

If Brexiteers believe that to be the case, then they have nothing to fear from a peoples vote.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Not economics. Maybe that is why I don't understand how, as you say, brexit can effect the economy but not touch any area a high street shop deals with. Care to explain?

I’m as remain as the next sane person but think it’s wrong to direct the decline of the high street towards brexit. Similar things happening all over the world, in America too, which is uneffected by brexit. Perhaps it’s more pronounced in the UK due to the ‘high street culture’ maybe not shared in other places.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....-being-hit-by-online-retailing#ampf=undefined

Perhaps there’s a small argument that is has slightly sped up the decline but is certainly not the root cause

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here