Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/nov/10/hospital-food-at-risk-no-deal-brexit

“It is not just of case of whether we will be able to get enough, if there is no deal,” he said, “but also whether we will be able to afford it. Good food is vital for patients. Food is like medicine. If patients don’t get it then in some cases they will not get home. One thing we will see I think is choice disappearing. People will just be given what we can get our hands on.”

The Tory chairman of the all-party health select committee, Sarah Wollaston, said: “It is becoming ever clearer that we are not just facing a shortage of drugs but also many other things which hospitals need to function. Food is one them. The cost and work involved in dealing is staggering. Surely there is a better use and of time and money.”

Shadow Health Secretary Jonathan Ashworth said: “Not only is the health secretary buying up fridges to stockpiling vital medicines but it now seems hospitals might not even be able to feed patients on their wards. No one put that on the side of a bus advertising the benefits of Brexit. The health secretary urgently must outline his plan to support hospitals through this chaotic Brexit so patient care doesn’t suffer.’

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'm champing at the bit :drool:
regards
DR

I assume that was in answer to my question as to how they get you to sit the right way on a toilet seat ?

8202d35a4d693cbd6b648da712f0f522.png

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Thank you.

The relevant paragraph

If the government is defeated, there would likely be a move to stage a vote of no confidence in the government from the opposition. Or perhaps even the prime minister herself would seek to test the confidence of MPs in her government, as a way of trying to regain her authority.

Boris Johnson will relish a leadership challenge. He's even got his own family onside and has said that he now thinks it's better to Remain. Why do you think he's laying low and keeping things under his hat?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Thank you.

The relevant paragraph

If the government is defeated, there would likely be a move to stage a vote of no confidence in the government from the opposition. Or perhaps even the prime minister herself would seek to test the confidence of MPs in her government, as a way of trying to regain her authority.

Boris Johnson will relish a leadership challenge. He's even got his own family onside and has said that he now thinks it's better to Remain. Why do you think he's laying low and keeping things under his hat?

Don't hold your breath, I get the impression you're not going to get a response as there were some crayons that needed chewing which took priority :shrug:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
That link gives figures for April 2018. That was 7 months ago.

So go on then .... provide the evidence for your claim from a crediable source .... and for the avoidance of doubt, Twatter is not a crediable source.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So go on then .... provide the evidence for your claim from a crediable source .... and for the avoidance of doubt, Twatter is not a crediable source.

Isn't that a bit like saying the Internet is not a valid source? Shirley, (and I am no expert) the source itself defines whether it's credible?

*edit* and the moment it stops pissing down I'm outta here, so I don't want an argument!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here