Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team v Cardiff

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
In the words of Mike Bassett.... play 4-4-f'ing 2.
Gross being injured has showed us we do not have a good enough replacement for Gross.
In that number 10 position in a 4-4-1-1 Gross contributes with goals and assists. No one to date has come close to being an able replacement in a 4-4-1-1 and it is hugely affecting us.
So TWEAK THE SYSTEM until Gross is back. Is putting Andone next to Murray really that much of a gamble considering how much March or Bissouma have contributed in that position?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Also... Dear Chris... please, please don’t start your preview interview with the now infamous words “These are a good team...” They clearly are NOT...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well he's not going to say they're cr@p, is he. That would be asking for trouble.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
He said yesterday once we equalised it was a case of staying in the game for as long as possible. I thought that would be the time when Everton were most vulnerable to OUR attack. Love Chris but he does focus on how to stop the other team rather than how to break them down.

Home and away !!!

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
I must admit I did consider that but eventually thought that Bissouma seems more likjely to get a goal than Kayal so opted for him .

On what grounds?

Bissouma has scored three goals in his entire first-team career, and hasn't looked like scoring so far in an Albion shirt.

Kayal has a match-winning assist and a match-winning goal in the last four games. Bissouma had one huge chance to put the Newcastle game to bed, and bottled it.

Kayal is well worth his place right now.

If Pröpper were fit, then Kayal might also be a consideration for the #10 role. He is one who just might have the energy to cover the ground that Groß does.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
One player I'd definitely be starting, is Knockaert on the right. He and Bruno dovetail beautiful together going forward, and IMO Joe Bennett is not good enough to cope with it. Target him from the kick off, and lets have him on a yellow asap.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Anyone with March in there team clearly don’t watch the team , he offers nothing , we must b the only team with wingers in the team where the manager is more worried about how good they r at defending rather than getting in behind there back four . As a club we r not ruthless enough March is not premier league

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Anyone with March in there team clearly don’t watch the team , he offers nothing , we must b the only team with wingers in the team where the manager is more worried about how good they r at defending rather than getting in behind there back four . As a club we r not ruthless enough March is not premier league

How's that March's fault?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'd like to see Knocky back in for this one. He must be raring to go by now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here