Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Feel sorry for Hemed

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I really do. Regardless of what happens now, and how good or not he might be he is going to become the whipping boy from the fans and run into the ground. Currently in Israel which is a lot of travelling and will be starting the next few games at least... :Nono:

You can just hear the frustration of 30,000 fans at the first opportunity he misses

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I already thought he'd attained the status of "whipping boy".

To me Hemed is the ultimate pro - gets on with it (never complains - at least where Brighton are concerned) which is what I hope for our fans. He is one tough muther.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I really do. Regardless of what happens now, and how good or not he might be he is going to become the whipping boy from the fans and run into the ground. Currently in Israel which is a lot of travelling and will be starting the next few games at least... :Nono:

You can just hear the frustration of 30,000 fans at the first opportunity he misses

He's probably delighted, likely to get 20 PL starts between now and January when for a while it looked like he might be at Reading!!!

If he's up to it and got the fight, maybe he'll prove a few people wrong!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I don't see it that way at all.

Sure they'll always be the 'I'll drive there' brigade, but everybody knows what Tomer can and can't do, and more importantly everybody knows he didn't create this omniclusterf**k.

He just happens to be the player we all have to back.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I'm afraid the whole situation has been shockingly mismanaged. We basically told Hemed he can pack his bags once we got new strikers in, this was even published in the Argus. I would have advocated cashing in also as I don't think he has sufficient quality to score goals consistently in the Prem, but this shouldn't be made public.

Now we have our only fit striker who would be entirely excused for being disinterested seeing as the club don't value him.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Whatever we say about him,i did notice that a number of the strikers mentioned yesterday had scoring records worst than him . This has to be a chance for Tilley!!!!

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
In Hemed we trust .....

I just really hope the fans dont get even more on his back , its not his fault we failed to sign a striker

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I'm afraid the whole situation has been shockingly mismanaged. We basically told Hemed he can pack his bags once we got new strikers in, this was even published in the Argus. I would have advocated cashing in also as I don't think he has sufficient quality to score goals consistently in the Prem, but this shouldn't be made public.

Now we have our only fit striker who would be entirely excused for being disinterested seeing as the club don't value him.

That's how I see it.

Whether fans rate him on here is immaterial, I have never heard anyone have a go at him at matches.

However, it would be really good if he can get a few positive chants his way.

A good professional who gives everything....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
In Hemed we trust .....

I just really hope the fans dont get even more on his back , its not his fault we failed to sign a striker

I just hope he doesn't look at NSC. This would de-motivate any player! (Apart from Dunk, Knocky & Bruno perhaps)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That's how I see it.

Whether fans rate him on here is immaterial, I have never heard anyone have a go at him at matches.

However, it would be really good if he can get a few positive chants his way.

A good professional who gives everything....

His chant was sung loud a few times at Watford. Anyone with half a brain must know that come 9th Sept. we need to turn into the Hemed Appreciation Society! Get a goal under his belt, who knows...

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
This could be the best thing that ever happens to his career.

He now has to be given a chance to shine. It's that or play no striker.

If he scores 5-10 between now and January then he will be in the Prem next season whether we are or not. If he doesn't then he will still have a good record in the Championship and teams will be after him.

I assume he is on more money here than He would be at Reading so he is making more money, challenging himself in one of the worlds best leagues, and doesn't have to move. I think he'll be feeling alright

Boston28

Feb 7, 2014
One thing you have never been able to question is Hemed's attitude and commitment. When he was behind Glenn and Sam in the pecking order this attitude never seemed to change when called upon.
As has already been mentioned he would have every right to have a chip on his shoulder with the club listening to offers and when the eventual bashing continues from the fans even more so. But this is Hemed and that's just not his style he could and I hope does surprise a lot of people. Really don't think it's out of the question for him to score something approaching double figures by the time anyone else can be bought in with the game time he could be getting.
#inhemeditrust

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Strange, I thought he'd be the one person at the club that would be happy with the current situation.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Put it in relative terms. How would we all feel if our employers were actively looking to replace us in our jobs?
Hopefully he sees it now as an opportunity to prove the management wrong. If we already haven't our first task should be to offer him an improved contract to make him feel wanted because more than ever we need to make him feel valued.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I find it difficult to feel sorry for any player. Like us they are paid ( in footballers cases, very well) to do a job.

Our strikers need good service from the midfield and wingers, so it's up to all the team to step up and do what they are paid to do. Win or at least not lose games. We are going to lose more than we win or draw but as long as we are the 17th best PL team or better then for this season the job has been done.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This could be the best thing that ever happens to his career.

He now has to be given a chance to shine. It's that or play no striker.

If he scores 5-10 between now and January then he will be in the Prem next season whether we are or not. If he doesn't then he will still have a good record in the Championship and teams will be after him.

I assume he is on more money here than He would be at Reading so he is making more money, challenging himself in one of the worlds best leagues, and doesn't have to move. I think he'll be feeling alright

If he does well enough he can walk away from the Albion, for nothing, into a massive final contract while the club wishes it had his £8m.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here