Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boro Forum typical response

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Yes they were better on the day! Thats the blooming point Half the division would have been better than us on the day:ffsparr:

Really.... ? i doubt it. Nothing like over reacting though i guess.

We as a side are knackered at the moment. We have too many long term injuries to starting 11 players, I think you could make a strong case for 6 changes to that side if all the squad was fit, as well as the players have done.

On top of that Boro were excellent, incredibly well organised and fresh, its not just us that struggled to break them down they have gone forever without conceding.

Even with that i thought we were a decent match for large parts, we gave 2 goals away for corners. Which made it incredibly difficult

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I have never liked Boro. I cheered when they finally got demoted and hate the way they always seem to fluke wins against us. I especially don't like one supporter of theirs who drinks in the bugle. Arrogant tosser.

That said. They are deservedly top of the league. Have great strength in depth and gave us a pants down spanking at our own ground. Made "invincible" Brighton look very ordinary and thoroughly outplayed and outfought us. Good luck to them. They taught us a very valuable lesson in humility and did so with style. If we were going to be beaten my fear was it would be by Rotherham or Leeds.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm beginning to think you post to seek attention ..its just one negative after another ..still at least you bothered to go Saturday...Middlesbrough fans were chanting ''we can see u sneaking out'' at the East around 85 min..was that you lol

Really? I posted on the thread about staying to the end that the team deserved to be clapped off the pitch as they have had a great season. I thought we were piss poor on Saturday, sorry if that offends you and a few other uber fans but I can only call it as I see it. I still stayed to applaud every player off the pitch though.

I am loving this season but Saturday was a big let down as we were beaten out of sight IMO. Yes the injuries and hard games have taken their toll and yes, of course the team can have a bad day but let's not pretend it was anything other than a big let down.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

We as a side are knackered at the moment. We have too many long term injuries to starting 11 players, I think you could make a strong case for 6 changes to that side if all the squad was fit, as well as the players have done.

On top of that Boro were excellent, incredibly well organised and fresh, its not just us that struggled to break them down they have gone forever without conceding.

Even with that i thought we were a decent match for large parts, we gave 2 goals away for corners. Which made it incredibly difficult

Please don't reply to that idiot troll. The utter no mark has tried four times to get a bite on this thread.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm beginning to think you post to seek attention ..its just one negative after another ..still at least you bothered to go Saturday...Middlesbrough fans were chanting ''we can see u sneaking out'' at the East around 85 min..was that you lol

They got it wrong though - crap chant. Should have been 'flooding out' :shrug:

Yes i am aware of the excuses probably too many others were aware so the belief was not there. Which was poor,first goal we had a free kick messed about lost the ball 0-1 two corners not defended 0-3 Our first two corners didn't beat the first man! I would hope if anyone in the ds could not put a corner in they should not be wasting our time let alone first team squad players. We were dreadful boro were ok that was the difference.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Please don't reply to that idiot troll. The utter no mark has tried four times to get a bite on this thread.
Yes, the troll never did do the poll he promised about whether he should leave NSC, when he was begging for votes to get a cup final ticket.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Yes they were better on the day! Thats the blooming point Half the division would have been better than us on the day:ffsparr:

We definitely weren't at our best but Boro done a superb job at stopping us playing football. Gave us space when there was no danger but as soon as we got into the final 1/3 they doubled up on whoever had the ball, without the likes of Solly and Kaz we struggled to beat them. Charlton TRIED to do the same but weren't good enough to do that for 90 minutes.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
On the day we lost yes but we certainly didn't lose to the best side I've seen us play this season but a long long way.
They have a defence like ours has been for the three years before this, barely penetrable, their general footballing was very average I would say.
Don't forget we had three 35 year old veterans in our back four Saturday and it is now beggining to show more and more.
They have been great servants to the club and a credit to Albion but now we need to permanently replace " these three " before it costs us our season,
no time for sentimentality. We need two or three quality defenders, another quality midfielder and still two top strikers.
We were also missing Dunk, Lua Lua, Rosenior, March, Baldock, Bong, and missing Bong and Rosenior especially has considerably weakened our defence.
Six players who would normally start !
For me Bristol City at the Amex have been the best footballing side by a mile so far this season, How they are where they are I don't know ?
I remember saying it to some of my mates good solid side, well organised.
Boro are very well organised but not a particularly good footballing side.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
For me Bristol City at the Amex have been the best footballing side by a mile so far this season, How they are where they are I don't know ?

They played well against us but they are where they are because they have shipped 38 goals and only scored 21. Goal difference is the 2nd worst in the division. They have a very porous defence.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Bristol City were very good I agree but Middleborough didn't even have to break a sweat or shift from second gear. They couldn't have had an easier 3 points all season which was the most disappointing thing

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Perfect day out for them, we rolled over and let them steamroller us. I am sure they were expecting a bit more from the unbeaten Albion, I know I was :down:

I am not sure we let them over run us, I think they were just a far better side than us all over the park. They realised that our midfield relies on kayal and Stephens, and closed them down and gave them no space...they Sussed Murphy straight away and realised that we were vunerable from corner kicks and a attacking wing play. To be honest, Charlton showed that in the first 7 minutes and if boro had anyone there watching the game, they would have seen that.

It is not a disaster of a result, however it has exposed our weakened squad and need to certainly strengthen in a few areas.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It seemingly takes only one heavy defeat to blur the judgement. I've now read everything from a) We were gutless and 'rolled over' b) We played for the draw - and Boro played for a win c) We've been lucky all season and we had this coming.

All utter clap-trap.

Really, aren't we allowed one ***** bad day in five months?

We conceded very early against the best team in the division and sadly our injury-ravaged team just lacked that quality and guile to get back into the game.

Gutless? Rolling over? Playing for draws? Please, some people, READ what you say before you post it....

To back up your claim, and to those that think we 'gave it' to them...

attachment.php

Lost pretty badly especially from set pieces yeah, rolled over, no.

Attachments

• stats v boro.png
    stats v boro.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 801

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
There there Brighton, you little scamps *ruffles hair*

That's effectively what Boro are saying.
Hate it.
That's what the established big clubs in this division and the media have been waiting to say for (literally) months. Brighton top and unbeaten in the Championship and Leicester top and the form side in the PL for six months just does not compute. At least Boro putting us in our place has started to restore some order.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Bristol City were very good I agree but Middleborough didn't even have to break a sweat or shift from second gear. They couldn't have had an easier 3 points all season which was the most disappointing thing

Not so disappointing if you think of the injuries we have, the games we have played recently with players missing. This result was waiting to happen and Middlebrough knew that, & I would rather take the defeat to a promotion possibly title contending side. We were not as others have said over run or totally outplayed, we lacked key players and a little extra quality, which I am sure Mr Bloom and company are looking to strengthen in the transfer window. This defeat should galvanize the squad and with key players back, the future looks bright, chin up Uncle it's nearly Christmas...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
On the day we lost yes but we certainly didn't lose to the best side I've seen us play this season but a long long way.
They have a defence like ours has been for the three years before this, barely penetrable, their general footballing was very average I would say.
Don't forget we had three 35 year old veterans in our back four Saturday and it is now beggining to show more and more.
They have been great servants to the club and a credit to Albion but now we need to permanently replace " these three " before it costs us our season,
no time for sentimentality. We need two or three quality defenders, another quality midfielder and still two top strikers.
We were also missing Dunk, Lua Lua, Rosenior, March, Baldock, Bong, and missing Bong and Rosenior especially has considerably weakened our defence.
Six players who would normally start !
I remember saying it to some of my mates good solid side, well organised.
Boro are very well organised but not a particularly good footballing side.

Not sure we'd have lost had we been able to select Bong at left back and Rosenior in midfield.

It's not impossible we will win the return at their place with some of the key players back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here