Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Solly March's knee.... not a pretty sight...

D

Deleted member 2719

Ha. Not usre i was as fit as young solly. But no. Stopped skiing and football but i cycle,and badminton. Many carry on though

Oh okay, I did mine about 16 years ago and never had it repaired just blown out, but effectively retired from football immediately.What a Bummer. However it appears to be holding up to WSU steps etc! I never know whether I made the right decision not to have had it repaired. So far so good thou!
I just hope Solly sticks in the work and comes back stronger physically with plenty of desire it will be a test of his mental strength as much as anything.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
wtf....??? who done the op.....slasher griffiths....?? ouch...!! must have been major damage to have to do that much cutting...:eek:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Wonder if he'd stayed down, gone off and not played on it would have been so bad........ guess we never know

To be honest, I understand what you're saying, but the nature of that injury is that once it's gone, playing on it for 10 mins won't worsen it to any extensive degree.

Solly probably wanted to give it a go 'in case it wasn't', but as soon as he would have turned the joint would have twisted, and he would have known the desperate news.

Really sad.....

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Oh okay, I did mine about 16 years ago and never had it repaired just blown out, but effectively retired from football immediately.What a Bummer. However it appears to be holding up to WSU steps etc! I never know whether I made the right decision not to have had it repaired. So far so good thou!
I just hope Solly sticks in the work and comes back stronger physically with plenty of desire it will be a test of his mental strength as much as anything.

I know exactly why you didnt. I procrastinated for about a year before doing it. And it tool 12 months before i could really do anything and another 6 months of set backs. But touch wood all good now

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
CWhnnzoWoAA5ybX.jpg:large

#ScarWars

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Robin Turner used to be the club surgeon. Reconstructed my wife's ACL (her knee looked like Solly's).

Turner did my ACL too and Malcolm Stuart oversaw my rehab. I was back playing within 10 months but it was very hard graft.

Funnily enough my injury came about in a very similar way to Solly: I pulled up (unchallenged no impact) feeling a tweak behind my knee. There was no immediate ongoing pain so I played on. Next time I turned sharply on the ball my knee collapsed and I heard it go. Turner later said the first incident could have stretched the ligament or partially torn it while the second may well have been the rupture - you can't know. When Solly went off at Derby I feared the worse as it was so similar and subsequently told people at work I reckoned it was ruptured ligaments.

Hope the rehab goes well and the knee comes back stronger, Solly has age on his side so just needs to be patient and put the boring lonely graft in.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

I blow out my PCL, ruptured 50% of my medial ligament and also damaged my lateral ligament way back in the late eighties. Didn't have it fixed but gave up rugby. I then did the worse thing by taking up running. I'm now looking at a knee replace by the time I'm 55 ......

D

Deleted member 2719

I know exactly why you didnt. I procrastinated for about a year before doing it. And it tool 12 months before i could really do anything and another 6 months of set backs. But touch wood all good now

I suppose the real reason i never had it repaired was, i had a matron style physio telling me your finished at football pal you are 35 after all ! i didn't like it much but she probably done me a big favour.
It's great that yours is okay. :thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 2719

I blow out my PCL, ruptured 50% of my medial ligament and also damaged my lateral ligament way back in the late eighties. Didn't have it fixed but gave up rugby. I then did the worse thing by taking up running. I'm now looking at a knee replace by the time I'm 55 ......

Ouch.......................i did play squash for a while but i knew i was gambling it.

What was your first signs of a knee replacement?

Did you run on it for many years after the rupture?

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I run on it for a good 15 years, which in hindsight was not the cleverest thing I've ever done. I've had three lots of key hole to clear our cartilage damage. My meniscus is worn away and I now have bone on bone and so it's arthritic as well. Just worn out really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here