Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Leicester City *** Official Match Thread ***

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Missed a penalty and a one-on-one and kept misplacing passes.
We had twice the amount of chances & shots but didn't score.
His form was fantastic a few weeks ago, but rubbish today. Can't really argue with that can you.

Yes I can argue with that. When MOM was announced 3 of 8 of us gave it to Glen. He took most of the balls fired up to him and brought in another player with his touch. But,but,but he missed the penalty and the good chance, and I guess that's what he's paid for but,but,but I thought he had a fantastic game and ran himself ragged but then again I thought we played very well today, which obviously we didn't because you say so.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
What was Chris playing at yet again , poor subs and too late again , every time he tries going for a draw it backfires I understand maybe away from home but not at home, shocking performance, Chris gets a 4 out of 10 from me

4 out of 10 for our manager after a game like that. Hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhaah

Thecoffeecake

Oct 10, 2017
Philadelphia
For Christ's sake.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
What was Chris playing at yet again , poor subs and too late again , every time he tries going for a draw it backfires I understand maybe away from home but not at home, shocking performance, Chris gets a 4 out of 10 from me

Must be a fishing attempt, surely ...

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Probably the most disappointing result of the season. For the first hour, Leicester were scarcely in the game. Had Murray scored that penalty we'd have comfortably seen the game out.

Scarcely credible that Leicester were champions two seasons ago.

I thought we played really well today. Midfield really held their own against good players.

I’ll be happy if we put in a performance like that next week except of course take the simple chances to score

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Got to try and stay calm in front of goal and go for accurate placement rather than wild kicking in the general direction and still not heading downward when in front of goal.
We all knew where the penalty was going and so did their keeper, we need two penalty takers and should alternate them.
Should have least drawn that game, if not won it, funny old game.
It will go down to the wire I think and we will get a couple of freak results against the top six sides we are playing in the last few games, wouldn't be Brighton otherwise.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
2 people caused this result.

Murray was very poor and I dont think that he won a header, mind I didnt expect him to win many against Morgan. Also most of his passes were misplaced so put us on the bacvk foot.
CH was yet once again poor with his use of substitutes which seems to be a failing with him. He took off the best player on the field, although he may have been tiring and wanted to come off, and replaced him with a winger in March. What he should have done was bring March on to attack down the wing but take Murray off and push Locadia into central striker to try to play Leicester on the ground as all their back 4 had been carded.

IMHO it is CH poor use and timing of substitutes plus his inability to change tactics during a game which prevent a big club coming for him. perhaps that is good for us.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
2 people caused this result.

Murray was very poor and I dont think that he won a header, mind I didnt expect him to win many against Morgan. Also most of his passes were misplaced so put us on the bacvk foot.
CH was yet once again poor with his use of substitutes which seems to be a failing with him. He took off the best player on the field, although he may have been tiring and wanted to come off, and replaced him with a winger in March. What he should have done was bring March on to attack down the wing but take Murray off and push Locadia into central striker to try to play Leicester on the ground as all their back 4 had been carded.

IMHO it is CH poor use and timing of substitutes plus his inability to change tactics during a game which prevent a big club coming for him. perhaps that is good for us.

Locadia was limping if you didnt notice thats why he came off, I cant fault the subs as he didnt have Knockaert bring on. He also completely changed our formation pushing for the equaliser which unfortunately lead to their 2nd goal on the counter. I feel like you were watching a different game to me. Murray was very poor even before the penalty miss as you say he was up against two giants.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Locadia was limping if you didnt notice thats why he came off, I cant fault the subs as he didnt have Knockaert bring on. He also completely changed our formation pushing for the equaliser which unfortunately lead to their 2nd goal on the counter. I feel like you were watching a different game to me. Murray was very poor even before the penalty miss as you say he was up against two giants.

My point was that he pushed Duffy forward so why not take a defender off and put Hemed a striker on to do what comes naturally to him as opposed to Duffy in no mans land. That to me was the only change but it was only personnel not tactics. I must admit I didnt notice Locadia limping.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I thought Murray did OK except for the missed big chances. He missed two against West Ham (away) as well so his prowess may be overhyped. We won that game so it was overlooked.

I like CH, would have been reluctant to make subs in case we lost the game.

Leicester put in a lot of blocks, mainly Simpson, Chilwell and Maguire, and if you count tactical fouls even more. HIndsight says we need a bit more guile in attacking midfield. Kayal was not bad but that was the key position. Always is with a 4-3-3.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1190513/Live/England-Premier-League-2017-2018-Brighton-Leicester said 4-1-4-1 which is vulnerable to the goals we conceded. Calculated risk which I would not have taken. Puel seemed to have sussed it. It should have been too late as Murray had two big chances

In a chess analogy, the idea is to predict what the opposition coach is going to do and have your reply already planned.

We started off with so much energy I thought we might get burned before the end.

On the reverse footing we did QPR (with Barton) 2-0 a few seasons back in the same way as Leicester won.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
My point was that he pushed Duffy forward so why not take a defender off and put Hemed a striker on to do what comes naturally to him as opposed to Duffy in no mans land. That to me was the only change but it was only personnel not tactics. I must admit I didnt notice Locadia limping.

Because if you get the goal you need duffy on the pitch to go back into defence.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Because if you get the goal you need duffy on the pitch to go back into defence.

I dont agree as I would have taken possibly Schelotto or Bong off for Hemed and gone 3 at the back. Also just read Andy Naylors tweets and he says that the Bong headed miss didnt matter as the ref had already blown for a foul by one of our players, which is what I thought at the time.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I thought Murray did OK except for the missed big chances. He missed two against West Ham (away) as well so his prowess may be overhyped. We won that game so it was overlooked.

I like CH, would have been reluctant to make subs in case we lost the game.

Leicester put in a lot of blocks, mainly Simpson, Chilwell and Maguire, and if you count tactical fouls even more. HIndsight says we need a bit more guile in attacking midfield. Kayal was not bad but that was the key position. Always is with a 4-3-3.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1190513/Live/England-Premier-League-2017-2018-Brighton-Leicester said 4-1-4-1 which is vulnerable to the goals we conceded. Calculated risk which I would not have taken. Puel seemed to have sussed it. It should have been too late as Murray had two big chances

In a chess analogy, the idea is to predict what the opposition coach is going to do and have your reply already planned.

We started off with so much energy I thought we might get burned before the end.

On the reverse footing we did QPR (with Barton) 2-0 a few seasons back in the same way as Leicester won.

Good post in every way. CH didn't replace spent Muzza on 65 minutes. Even at 0-0, LCFC were so confident by then that they made Maguire an additional striker camped up front, whilst muscular/plump Morgan controlled the back with ease at that stage.

Different score lines and match stories, but we pinched two wins from a superior Fulham team last season too.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Good post in every way. CH didn't replace spent Muzza on 65 minutes. Even at 0-0, LCFC were so confident by then that they made Maguire an additional striker camped up front, whilst muscular/plump Morgan controlled the back with ease at that stage.

Different score lines and match stories, but we pinched two wins from a superior Fulham team last season too.

In the first half LCFC defence played well enough, but with Simpson and Maguire I would describe it as well controlled near panic, with a mistake waiting to happen.

In the second half their tactical change with possession football (best defensive tactic) worked very well and I noticed in their Champions season they were good at what is now called game management.

I had a few misgivings at half time as we peaked early.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Has Murray got money on Leicester to finish 7th and qualify for the Europa Cup?:)

I bet Leicester can hardly believe their luck after a gift-wrapped victory.

You'll stay up easily enough despite the "difficult" run-in but Palace's easier fixtures might see them sneak past you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here