Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Did Knockaert get anything right tonight?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm struggling to think of anything.

I think he's just trying too hard.

One good run, but a crap shot at the end. No . . .

But we were generally shit tonight. Choking badly. Playoffs here we come :facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Missed the link ups between him and BURNO, not one decent move tonight

Think Bruno was probably getting a bit confused as Knocky and Solly seemed to be switching wings every five minutes last night. Each time Bruno looked up there was someone different ahead of him. I'm all for wingers swapping over every now and again, but they did appear to be doing it rather a lot last night.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
No, I'm wrong. His run but, more specifically, the release to Baldock in the second half was well judged.

Baldock should have scored from that opportunity. At the time I said "If only Murray was on with that chance" but given the one he missed, although it was oh-so-close, maybe he wouldn't.

One of those nights, eh?

After seeing the replay of Murray's chance, not sure he could have done much more. Great turn, first time shot, the outcome was just bad luck.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
For a short while NSC should be retitled "@Dwayne goes fishing"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
AK's free kicks are shite lofted in no pace always to the back post which 90% are over hit, just don't get it.

Whilst I agree, I don't really blame him for that.

Killer set piece delivery is something Hughton sacrificed in not playing Skalak nor Norwood.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Again he's been mostly crap for months. He had a great run at the end of last season. But there's a reason Leicester and liege let him go. He's good but too inconsistent.

Still love him but; he ain't the Messiah that everyone has him pinned as.

Hopefully he will stay if we don't go up

I agree that Knockaert isn't the Messiah and yes his form has been indifferent since his father died. Howver I love the way people come out with these comments when he is having a rough patch. Where were these dissenting voices when he was tearing teams apart single-handed?
If you want people to believe you held/hold these opinions then venture them before things go a bit wrong!

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
There's nothing wrong in having an opinion, but base that opinion on facts. Leicester offered him a contract but that was when Knockaert's father was first ill, so he turned them down to go to Belgium, because his parents live very close to the Belgian border.
His father's health improved, and Knocky wanted to play in England again, so when we made an offer, Standard Liege sold him to us. Neither team 'let him go'.

Alternative facts bro

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Glad to see your boy back in form tonight. He has been poor over the last month or so though.

Really a matter of opinion. A couple of nice touches to create himself space, but his delivery was woeful, and his attempted left foot cross into the keepers arms when he was in the area............ Oh dear.

Remains a big question mark for me.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Killer set piece delivery is something Hughton sacrificed in not playing Skalak nor Norwood.

All our free-kicks were dross, whoever took them.

When with 15 mins to go we are still pumping diagonal balls into the box, and we still haven't won a single header, you know the writing is on the wall.

The players gave tremendous effort but they owe Hughton a performance after that. Brainless at times.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

that really doesn't wash, he's a winger, one with a lot of talent, he should know what is a good cross and what is dross. unfortunately he does appear to favour the second when taking freekicks. He should be having some extra training, there's no excuse/

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly

Except when they are playing Knockeart always grabs the ball for the kick - no?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Really a matter of opinion. A couple of nice touches to create himself space, but his delivery was woeful, and his attempted left foot cross into the keepers arms when he was in the area............ Oh dear.

Remains a big question mark for me.

That one into the keeper's arms was poor, granted, but it was Murphy that set Murray up, and there was another great cross (which was well hit -- a rare thing for a Murphy cross) to the back post, but Murray had made a run to the near post.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Except when they are playing Knockeart always grabs the ball for the kick - no?

Not that I've noticed. He certainly doesn't take them all.

Nearly every (if not every) free kick we had last night in dangerous territory needed a right-footed in-swinger. Instead we had Knockaert's left-footed away-swingers.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That one into the keeper's arms was poor, granted, but it was Murphy that set Murray up, and there was another great cross (which was well hit -- a rare thing for a Murphy cross) to the back post, but Murray had made a run to the near post.

Agreed. Murphy's return to form was one of the only bright spots last night.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
That telepathy he usually enjoys with Bruno wasn't there last night. AK definitely trying to hard. Needs to relax and know when to pass the ball.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
That's because he plays with his head down. Murray made the right run, it was an overhit cross, which if Knockaert had managed to keep the team shape for even 5 mins he might have latched on to and made it look better.

Murphy is okay, but as soon as he enters the area, he is a rabbit in the headlights.

Edit - sorry [MENTION=28490]Machiavelli[/MENTION] didn't quote post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I don't think it helped last night that him and March kept swapping wings. I thought Knockeart looked most dangerous when he was on the right, and was that he a lot less effective when he was on the left. When he did do something good on the right wing, suddenly swapping to the left wing didn't allow him or the team to build on that momentum. Maybe it works sometimes, but it didn't tonight in my opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here