Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The managers' comments ...

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Dunk deserved the two yellows but to say he's an idiot is ott.

It was "one of those games". We couldn't pass, couldn't shoot, couldn't run with the ball and were second to the ball. A bad loss of form with players returning from injury and others overcompensating against a team who are on a good run of form. Plus we're now a team everyone ups their performance for.

Game inhand and a points cushion over third..... No point panicking yet, CH has steered us through dips in form before.

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
2nd yellow for Lewis was a disgrace by the 'ref'... Absolute idiot in charge tonight.

The only idiot I can see is you for making such stupid comments. Suggest you treat yourself to a copy of the laws of the game. The main mistake the ref made was not sending Bruno off in the first ten minutes.
y

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
This should put the Dunk-Lawrenson debate to bed. The game was lost last night. The one thing Dunk needed to do was stay on the pitch to give us the best chance against Brentford. The sad thing is Dunk, who is an experienced player now, couldn't grasp that.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The only idiot I can see is you for making such stupid comments. Suggest you treat yourself to a copy of the laws of the game. The main mistake the ref made was not sending Bruno off in the first ten minutes.
y

Bruno barely touched him, made a meal of it and not a second yellow.

The ref was inconsistent throughout.

Dunk's bookings however were correct for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
100% second yellow for Dunk and Bruno could have gone as well. The only good thing about the night was that the scoreline didn't reflect how one-sided it was.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Dunk was rightly sent off. The midfield exposed our back four to so much last night, they were bound to score. I have not seen a less effective combined midfield performance for some time. Move on.

Definatly 2 yellows. I thought he almost got away with the second one with the amount of time the ref took to give it.
So Dunk is suspended for 1 game and I assume 4 more yellows this season and it's a 3 game ban for him

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure (but happy to be corrected) that neither of those yellow will be added to this current total as he was sent off.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
2nd yellow for Lewis was a disgrace by the 'ref'... Absolute idiot in charge tonight.

Its strange how the refs are always 'idiots' when the team doesn't perform well.

As others have said. Bruno should have seen red after 2 minutes and Dunk was rightly sent off.

We saw the replays the ref/linesman had to make decisions immediately.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
The ref had a good game, except he ought to have sent Bruno off for two yellow card offences.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Dunk correctly sent off but Bruno should have been as well. Bruno just wanted up to speed in the first ten minutes and nearly paid for it. He was much much better second half.

Don't blame Dunk it was a clear attempt to win the ball but he was just a fraction late. Committed performance from him and he doesn't deserve some of the negativity on this thread. Yes he used to lunge in but this season he has pretty much taken that out of his game, and I wouldn't count last night as a move back to the old, it was just a very slightly mistimed tackle.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
On balance he might have got the Bruno second decision right - very light touch - but if he'd given a second yellow it would have been difficult to argue. Dunk's were absolutely two yellows, plain and simple, no complaints about that (and not from CH either who has focused on Dunk's need to learn). It wasn't the ref that cost us the game - it was a combination of us not being remotely at the races and the rarity of CH getting it tactically wrong (accepting he was missing Baldock and particularly Stephens who would've made a big difference)

Bad, bad night. Move on.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Dunk gets a lot of grief for his rash yellow cards. I didn't think last nights were rash, I felt he was trying to take responsibility for getting us back in the game.

Up until that point he was about the only player who was performing anything like their usual level.
He gets cards because he is 100% committed in every game no matter what the situation.

Defenders get booked. it's part of the game but 11 Yellows by the start of Feb is ridiculous.

Left Back

Jan 22, 2011
Agree with your first and third sentences, but not the second.

Agree with 1st: I was it as a case of deliberate sportsmanship - play acting in an attempt to get Bruno set off for a second yellow

On the fence for the second: There was a 15 minute spell in the first half where it seemed the ref gave Huddersfield everything (if you check the match thread around post 470 there are a number of posts to that effect) but apart from that I think the ref had a good game. I guess you could same that made him inconsistent.

Agree with the 3rd: Dunk was a fool: Any challenge that takes the player out too (regardless of contact with the ball) is risking a booking these day. It was a stupid challenge to make in the middle of the pitch for no good reason.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Thought Dunk lost his discipline, senseless 2nd yellow at that stage. Borne out by his childlike arguing on the sidelines with the 4th official, and in the tunnel. Why didn't one of our many staff lead him straight into the changing room?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I thought Dunk had got over these rash challenges but this was up there with his worst, what was he thinking of diving in like that, in the middle of the opponents half. Reminded me so much of QPR away last season.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Dunk gets a lot of grief for his rash yellow cards. I didn't think last nights were rash, I felt he was trying to take responsibility for getting us back in the game.

Up until that point he was about the only player who was performing anything like their usual level.
He gets cards because he is 100% committed in every game no matter what the situation.

Spot on... How many games has he driven us forward using that energy/ passion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here