Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale to Chelsea?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Stockdale

Little snippet in the notw today. If Chelsea fail to get Gordon they will sign Stockdale instead. I would like to see them try that !

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
The rats are gathering on the poop deck,the second half of our season looks grim.

Fraser.jpg

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Somehow I had completely missed the fact that Stockdale's contract was up at the end of the season. I'm sure we must have offered him a new contract. It's very worrying we are so close. Clearly we can't and I assume wont let him go now, not least because of Maenpaa's stupid injury. However if we don't go up he's presumably one who is going to leave. We might struggle to keep him even if we go up. How good are Maenpaa and Walton. Can they step up to the one and two goalkeeper positions if we go up to the premier league or if we stay in the championship. Surely (Ankergren is past it and will go at the end of the year.) I guess it's relevant to note the recent signing of Collings to the under-23s and the recent timing of a news article on how well Walton is doing with Nathan Jones at Luton.

That's how I see it. Perhaps his agent has been sounded out that a move that would secure his and his families financial future is in the offing? Stranger things have happened.

He's been a high profile professional footballer in an era of extreme wages. If his family financial future is not already secure I would be amazed. It's a lot more secure than most of ours.

That of course doesn't stop him want to make it even more secure, which I know is your point.

Why these players don't want to play in blue and white for nothing is beyond me.
:albion2:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Could run out of goalkeepers - Murray or Dunk as replacement?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Ankers too old, Walton loaned out, Maenpaa injured, no time for a replacement, so no sale likely!

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Ankers too old, Walton loaned out, Maenpaa injured, no time for a replacement, so no sale likely!

This. Why risk the riches of the premier league for a quick buck or two now? That said I don't understand why we haven't given Stockers a new contract - strange!

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
CHELSEA have reportedly turned their attention to Brighton goalkeeper David Stockdale.
And The Sunday Mirror claim Chelsea have lined up Brighton's Stockdale if they miss out on Celtic No 1 Craig Gordon.

These rags just sit at a desk, invent sh!t and put disclamers like "reportedly" and "claim" - when it was their mate in the bog that said it. I'm sure they just sit around and invent cr@p just to fill space.

No way TB or CH is going to sell Stockers as he knows our reserve goalies aren't up to it. Otherwise Dunk and Stephens would be in the window too. Of course it is possible that they are thinking about it, we have after all, the best defence in the champoinship. I'm sure someone is thinking about Duffy too. But thinking and doing are a million miles apart. The Promised Land of the PL holds far more riches than the cash from Stockers or Dunk or Duffy or Stephens or Knocky etc.........

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If Chelsea are interested how about a swap with Begovic and a a cash adjustment but who would pay who the cash. Probably us pay Chelsea.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here