Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Martin

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
There's two championship players I cannot stand...........and he's both of 'em.
Regardless of if he returns to the muttons, he'll still be no more than a jumped up, holier than thou, fall down, waste of space, foul mouthed, special brew drinking donkey who will never play higher than the championship with any degree of notability. Plus I really don't like him

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It would make my life in Fulham made him see out the contract and he spent the next half season watching football on TV
According to our resident Derby fan, he's already signed a contract for a permanent move, so they could make him sit and watch for years.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Hopefully Martin will now pull a Duffy and we'll see a couple of Fulham OGs on Monday.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38471921

Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic has dismissed reports that striker Chris Martin could return early to Derby from his season-long loan at Craven Cottage.

Martin, 28, has scored seven goals in 17 appearances for Fulham in the Championship this term.

He "made himself unavailable" for Friday's abandoned game at Reading, but Jokanovic insisted he would stay.

"I'm not going to send him back to Derby - he's going to stay with us and respect the contract," said Jokanovic.

He continued to BBC Radio London: "We're not a train station and you can go out when you want. We need to respect ourselves, we are the oldest London club.

"I don't know if he will play for Fulham, but I'm sure he's not going to play for Derby."

Earlier this month, Derby manager Steve McClaren said he was surprised Martin was allowed to leave the club under previous boss Nigel Pearson.

Agent Nigel done Derby good and proper!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bloody good player at this level, I will be very happy if he doesn't play on Monday. Derby really need to up their striker numbers though, they must be down to their last 10 or so.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Surely if Martin is refusing to play for Fulham he can be fined all his wages and kept on. If you sign an agreement you can't just back out of it when it doesn't suit you. McClaren always strikes me as an obnoxious bellend so this situation doesn't surprise me

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Didn't Hughton have him at Norwich and got shot to Derby? I wonder if it had anything to do with his attitude?

Players refusing to play is becoming a Fulham thing, didn't McCormack do the same last season?

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Derby manager Steve McClaren has said he wants Chris Martin to return early from his season-long loan with Fulham.

It comes after Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic dismissed reports that the striker would be released early, saying the club is "not a train station".

Jokanovic said Martin, 28, "made himself unavailable" for Friday's abandoned game at Reading

"If there is any possibility of getting him back, that would be great," McClaren told BBC Radio Derby.

"But that is between the two clubs. They have an agreement so we will have to wait and see. It is for the clubs to sort and for us managers to leave it well alone."

The Scotland international scored 43 goals in less than two seasons during McClaren's first spell in charge of the Rams. And the former England boss admits to being surprised that the player was allowed to leave under pervious boss Nigel Pearson.

"I've made it clear how I like Chris Martin," said McClaren. "If I had my choice when I first came in, he would still be here,"

Martin has scored seven goals in 17 appearances for Fulham in the Championship this term.

Apparently 3hr old BBC story.
McCLaren really is a repugnant character. Starts the tapping up then tries to distance himself.

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
Derby manager Steve McClaren has said he wants Chris Martin to return early from his season-long loan with Fulham.

It comes after Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic dismissed reports that the striker would be released early, saying the club is "not a train station".

Jokanovic said Martin, 28, "made himself unavailable" for Friday's abandoned game at Reading

"If there is any possibility of getting him back, that would be great," McClaren told BBC Radio Derby.

"But that is between the two clubs. They have an agreement so we will have to wait and see. It is for the clubs to sort and for us managers to leave it well alone."

The Scotland international scored 43 goals in less than two seasons during McClaren's first spell in charge of the Rams. And the former England boss admits to being surprised that the player was allowed to leave under pervious boss Nigel Pearson.

"I've made it clear how I like Chris Martin," said McClaren. "If I had my choice when I first came in, he would still be here,"

Martin has scored seven goals in 17 appearances for Fulham in the Championship this term.

Apparently 3hr old BBC story.
McCLaren really is a repugnant character. Starts the tapping up then tries to distance himself.

So if you were trying to deal with Jokanović only, why with the leakings to the media? McClaren, Martin and the press are the real twunts in this saga

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
JOKANOVIC ON MARTIN: "We're not a train station...you can't come in and out when you want" - very strong from the #FulhamFC boss #DCFC

Maybe they are a Southern Railway Station - Those trains don't seem to go in and out of stations too often either at the moment

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here