Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you vote for bombing ISIS in Syria?

Would you vote for bombing ISIS in Syria?

• Total voters

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I can't give an easy yes no response as I do not remember the exact circumstances other than chemical weapons being used on civilians. Would you?

The first thing is whether you always believe what you hear is the gospel truth. We were being sold a reason to bomb Assad under false pretences.

UN accuses Syrian rebels of chemical weapons use

Assad did not order Syria chemical weapons attack, says German press

I took it with a pinch of salt because the West is into demosing Assad at every opportunity.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The first thing is whether you always believe what you hear is the gospel truth. We were being sold a reason to bomb Assad under false pretences.

UN accuses Syrian rebels of chemical weapons use

Assad did not order Syria chemical weapons attack, says German press

I took it with a pinch of salt because the West is into demosing Assad at every opportunity.

I often find it is helpful to look for credible sources that undermine or argue against my point of view before coming to a settled view on a topic.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I agree there is no endgame, or exit strategy, and we should have avoided this, but this Government isn't one for spending money - so will have subtly cut back on the airstrikes in Iraq to save costs on fuel and bombs, and will also be cutting back on training flights, and using the Syrian bomb runs for that.

Agree apart from the "this government not being one for spending money" bit.

They say that but the numbers show it for the blatant lie that it is.

Ideology, not financial sense.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I often find it is helpful to look for credible sources that undermine or argue against my point of view before coming to a settled view on a topic.

I had a word with his mum, and she said he's not a totalitarian dictator who is responsible for the genocide of his own citizens, he's just a very naughty boy. ((c) Life of Brian).

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Just click on the numbers in the poll section to find out who voted what. Are those with the 'wrong' opinion going to be deselected from the site :whistle:

No, but we are working feverishly at Mod Towers to arrange for the words "Terrorist Sympathiser" to appear alongside the avatar of those who voted 'No'.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
No, but we are working feverishly at Mod Towers to arrange for the words "Terrorist Sympathiser" to appear alongside the avatar of those who voted 'No'.

That's a great idea!

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Would you have voted to bomb Assad two years ago?

The vote to bomb Assad two years ago was very simply about stopping his ability to use chemical weapons,it was not about regime change or taking sides,the motion proposed in front of the house was very explicit on this.

Me personally Yes bomb the **** for being an evil **** but No because the evidence of his use of chemical weapons had not been fully verified.......i would have abstained even though he is a murdering dickhead

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I had a word with his mum, and she said he's not a totalitarian dictator who is responsible for the genocide of his own citizens, he's just a very naughty boy. ((c) Life of Brian).

Thank you for reinforcing my point EP, impeccable source. Assad is clearly misunderstood and was obviously furious when he found out civilians were being slaughtered in the wrong sort of way (attracting too much attention).

Thanks for the update the PM will be pleased. Speaking of Mod Towers have you put the xmas decorations up yet or is it the usual festive NSC funded soiree to the Seychelles this year? Heard a nasty rumour it might be Bognor Butlins #allinthistogether :down:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
The vote to bomb Assad two years ago was very simply about stopping his ability to use chemical weapons,it was not about regime change or taking sides,the motion proposed in front of the house was very explicit on this.

Me personally Yes bomb the **** for being an evil **** but No because the evidence of his use of chemical weapons had not been fully verified.......i would have abstained even though he is a murdering dickhead

They are all mudering dickheads in the Middle East but if Assad left and didn't defend his people, the Alawite's, Christian's and Shia's would all be slaughtered without mercy' leaving the multi factions of rebel groups and Daesh to fight it out and probably ending up an Islamic State. You may have fled the country if you were in his position and left the people he is defending to die but that would be cowardly with far worse bloody consequences.

The way I see it, if I was dropped by plane over Syria, and had to parachute to a prefered area, I would try and guide myself to Damascus or the Kurdish held areas. That is how I decide which side I am on. Where would you want to land?

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
11114733_10153743471438982_7548000113941432692_n.jpg

pg

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
It is a statement of fact that ISIS are and have been trying to attack us. Are you suggesting Cameron is making it up to try and manipulate the public?

anyone with half a brain knows its coming at some time
and I don't suggest he is lying about this
but he lies about most other things

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
It is a statement of fact that ISIS are and have been trying to attack us. Are you suggesting Cameron is making it up to try and manipulate the public?

No. I wouldn't go that far. The security services do a great job to help keep us safe. I'm just struck how 70 years on, the hawkish narrative is broadly similar.

PG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here