Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I personally can't see anything to come out of this now except another General Election. May doesn't have the numbers to get her vision of Brexit through, Corbyn doesn't have the numbers to usurp May as PM. Unless she concedes to the soft Brexit element of her party (who will immediately stab her many times in the back) she can't get anything through. And even if Bill Cash himself became Tory leader, they can't force anything through because they'll face the same problem of numbers of MPs as May does now.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I personally can't see anything to come out of this now except another General Election. May doesn't have the numbers to get her vision of Brexit through, Corbyn doesn't have the numbers to usurp May as PM. Unless she concedes to the soft Brexit element of her party (who will immediately stab her many times in the back) she can't get anything through. And even if Bill Cash himself became Tory leader, they can't force anything through because they'll face the same problem of numbers of MPs as May does now.

This is why you don't call a 50/50 in/out referendum. The Tories are completely to blame for this shit, including George Osbourne.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
so i gather that Corbyn's suggestion is to leave the EU without leaving the customs union or the single market.

Is it ? It wasn't particularly clear. I read it as he wanted to leave the current customs union and create a new one after we leave next year. I'm not sure how he thinks he'll be able to achieve that given the EU's lack of flexibility currently !

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Gideon putting the knife in The Tories again.

[tweet]968086929781788672[/tweet]

He is indeed

When the Tories made their phase one agreement in December it was an opportunity to face up to reality. Instead they have continued politics of denial and now JC have stolen the march on them. The smart money now is on a second referendum, Brexit is about to get messy.

Just arrived in Oxford, that big red bus will be here shortly. A lot of people about

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
This is why you don't call a 50/50 in/out referendum. The Tories are completely to blame for this shit, including George Osbourne.

Does rather make a mockery of that time before the 2010 election when someone asked Cameron why he wanted to be Prime Minister and his response was "I think I'd be rather good at it".

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Could get interesting later after Simon Coveney's meeting with Michel Barnier - Rees-Mogg and all the other freakoids eyes might go into a turbo swivelling overdrive that cannot be stopped if they don't like what they hear.

[tweet]968083581875687425[/tweet]

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
He is indeed

When the Tories made their phase one agreement in December it was an opportunity to face up to reality. Instead they have continued politics of denial and now JC have stolen the march on them. The smart money now is on a second referendum, Brexit is about to get messy.

Just arrived in Oxford, that big red bus will be here shortly. A lot of people about

What the one with Di's sums on?:lolol:

dopey2.jpg

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Corbyn has let a lot of Labour leave voters down today.

Why? He says we’re leaving, no one knows what type of leaving we were voting for in the referendum, so, how is he letting anyone down.

More like a crap referendum has let us all down, and , remind me , who’s idea was that?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I wonder what Martin Selmayr thinks of Jezza's 'new' idea?

selmayr.jpg

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
No HM government sums. nice try

So what portion of our GDP is £2,000 million pounds a week,and how many policemen would it pay for?:lolol:

Jan 30, 2008
why? He says we’re leaving, no one knows what type of leaving we were voting for in the referendum, so, how is he letting anyone down.

More like a crap referendum has let us all down, and , remind me , who’s idea was that?
it's only crap because you lost, hey ho that's democracy for you :thumbsup:
regards
DR

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
it's only crap because you lost, hey ho that's democracy for you :thumbsup:
regards
DR

It was crap cos it was binary with no clue of what type of brexit we would get. It comes down to Cameron’s arrogance that he’d walk it so would ever have to implement any kind of leave.

I suppose, to be fair, he hasn’t had to implement it, as he took the cowardly way out, and cut and run.

Jan 30, 2008
It was crap cos it was binary with no clue of what type of brexit we would get. It comes down to Cameron’s arrogance that he’d walk it so would ever have to implement any kind of leave.

I suppose, to be fair, he hasn’t had to implement it, as he took the cowardly way out, and cut and run.
really , so people just turned up AT THE BALLOT BOX WITH NO REASON FOR CASTING THEIR VOTE :facepalm:
regards
DR

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
He is indeed

Could be rioting on the board when the usual suspects see their dream slipping away?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here