Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Middlesbrough (a) - in photos including THAT sunset

Half Man Half Biscuit

Oct 10, 2003
Hove
My photo diary from the Boro FA Cup match is now available to view here:

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2018/january/the-last-pic-middlesbrough/

Heard a few people knock Middlesbrough as an away day but I love it: there's a street full of micropubs for those who like their ale which makes for a perfect pre-match with the adjacent street brimful of foodie options too. They've got that magnificent Transporter Bridge near the Riverside to marvel at plus there was a stunning sunset over the ground during which time Our Glenn popped up with with a last minute winner. Friendly locals and Tony Bloom - who agreed to hold my FA Cup (see the last photo for details) on our train back. What's not to like?

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
yes other than the pushing and shoving outside their end after, and the gay digs on the train back they are great people

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Am I having a whoosh moment, or is pale grey what passes for a glorious sunset in Boro?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Am I having a whoosh moment, or is pale grey what passes for a glorious sunset in Boro?

It's the cover shot on the main page. If I knew how to upload a photo on here - yes, I know, shameful - I could post it now.

Screen Shot 2018-01-30 at 10.26.47.jpg

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Cheers [MENTION=16109]Greg[/MENTION]Bobkin & [MENTION=12862]madinthehead[/MENTION] - That's THE sunset. Not bad when coupled with a last minute winner eh?

Very impressive.. The sunset isnt bad either..

Half Man Half Biscuit

Oct 10, 2003
Hove
What camera do you use? Is it small enough not to arouse the attentions of the stewards - or do you have an official pass?

I've recently acquired a Canon Powershot GX5 but yeah, I have a pass for away games to cover any attention from the stewards. Still get a ticket in with the fans though as you would do because in between the photos I like to get behind the team with a bit of vocal encouragement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here