Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Security cameras

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
As you scanned your ticket a camera took your picture. So the club are building up a photo identity supporter base. Why they picked on WSL though...we are all terribly well behaved!

But is it to identify people passing their ST onto mates when different faces appear for the same ticket?

Peter Ward

Dec 5, 2014
out back
Yesterday going into Lower West we were told to remove hats and keep them off until we were clear of the turnstiles so the cameras could capture a picture of each person. This has never happened before so has there been a problem of some description?

Same thing, same place, happened to me yesterday..

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Yesterday going into Lower West we were told to remove hats and keep them off until we were clear of the turnstiles so the cameras could capture a picture of each person. This has never happened before so has there been a problem of some description?

Did they use a wide angle lens for you :moo:

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Kept my hat on when entering East Lower yesterday but had to remove it for the cup game - the reason given was that they were using facial recognition software.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
But is it to identify people passing their ST onto mates when different faces appear for the same ticket?

Reckon you are on to something. Club do not seem to like passing Season Tickets onto friends and family.

I dont know but surely they would have to have some way of linking the photo to the ticket as they couldnt watch 30,000 and would need the technology to highlight the ticket issue by setting off an alarm.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I dont know but surely they would have to have some way of linking the photo to the ticket as they couldnt watch 30,000 and would need the technology to highlight the ticket issue by setting off an alarm.

Yes it's called facial recognition software. You'd be amazed at how advanced it is.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
If you want to get a ban, get a hat

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Early morning KO. Some of the concessionary fans forget to put their teeth back in.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Saw someone's bobble hat being patted down as part of entry search in WSL - that steward obviously wasn't briefed that it was for facial recognition rather than to stop people smuggling in things under hats?

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010

Maybe you could bring a list of your suitable transfer targets and swap deals and hold it up to the camera to make the recruitment team aware of your smashing ideas

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England

I guess with your posting you dont have time to read any other threads BG :thumbsup:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
As you scanned your ticket a camera took your picture. So the club are building up a photo identity supporter base. Why they picked on WSL though...we are all terribly well behaved!

Or it could just be another cctv camera.

I really doubt the club want a database of our ugly mugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here