Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will 'they' weasel their way out of this one?

Do you think palace are as good as down already

• Yes

Votes: 57 25.3%
  • No

Votes: 112 49.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 36 16.0%
  • I don't know

Votes: 20 8.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
While I am enjoying seeing Palace's start to the season, it will be totally irrelevant to me if they go down and we went down with them. There is a lot of football to be played this season and I will only take more joy in their plight if they remain below us and we are mathematically certain of staying up !

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Allardyce is someone who appears to be motivated by money. Wouldn't rule it out.

Agreed - but he's also motivated by ego and reputation. The 'never been relegated' tag has gone from the chip on his shoulder to vindication, in his mind, of his under appreciated talents.

FWIW, I think they'll squirm out of trouble like they always do - but if they're 12pts adrift in January and do give Roy the boot, I can't see Fat Sam touching them with a barge pole.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I can't see Fat Sam touching them with a barge pole.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Really?

After his behaviour as England Manager, we know FS loves money, it's probably the most important thing in his life otherwise why would he have risked his dream job over getting a few more quid?

How much would Palace pay to stay in the Premier League? I think that figure could be huge! If Palace pay enough, he'll be back. A 5 month contract worth £10m for the portly cash chaser is very possible.

I'm actually a Roy Hodgson fan but I think Palace will be in the market for a manager before or around Christmas and if it's Sam, he'll probably save them.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Living close to Croydon I am really enjoying the Palace journey and milking it. However they have a track record of pulling it out of the bag and securing survival. They are only four points off survival and have players to come back from injury.
I would like to see the same poll in February as Parrish will once again get the cheque book out in the January window.
The main point Palace friends of mine moan about is that they haven't evolved into a better club on and off the pitch considering all the cash that has passed though the bank account.
For now enjoy the journey and milk it.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Grrr don't ask a question in the thread title only to ask the opposite in the poll!

Damnit, I didn't notice that and voted yes because I thought they'd survive. They've got 33 games to go and not a massive amount to make up to get to safety.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Well, in 2013 2014, in Palaces first season up, we lost 9 of our first 10 games but still survived, finishing 11th with 45 points.

mind you not so sure we will or even want to this time....For me it was just more fun in the championship, more games more wins, Saturday 15.00 kick offs, Tuesday night games genuine fans, youth coming through, I go to support my team whether they are playing Arsenal or Crew...but that's just me !

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Well, in 2013 2014, in Palaces first season up, we lost 9 of our first 10 games but still survived, finishing 11th with 45 points.

mind you not so sure we will or even want to this time....For me it was just more fun in the championship, more games more wins, Saturday 15.00 kick offs, Tuesday night games genuine fans, youth coming through, I go to support my team whether they are playing Arsenal or Crew...but that's just me !
Has it reached the stage yet where it's gone beyond disappointment and has started to become funny?

Will your first goal be met with (ironic) boos?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

That football on a Saturday point won't even be valid though if you get relegated and then start well. Look how many games we had moved the last two seasons. No it's better you get relegation and then fall through the trapdoor again. You might get your wish then.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Has it reached the stage yet where it's gone beyond disappointment and has started to become funny?

I have had a season ticket for 20 odd years and the 20 before that used to go home and away as it was OK to POTG. Yesterday after a heavy Friday just couldn't be bothered with a 10 o'clock leave and watched it on telly, I have never watched a Palace game with so much disinterest.

We have had 3 managers in the last 10 games and won just one of them...that's a stat to be proud of !!

No not even funny anymore just a bit boring, My mate is a Villa fan and he said he was feeling the same for about 3 season before finally giving up his ST the year they went down, but once they went down he bought one for the championship as he was excited about playing different teams and maybe winning more games !

Unless you have unlimited amounts of money to spunk on overpaid players, the Prem becomes a bit dull, well it has for me anyway!

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex

I have had a season ticket for 20 odd years and the 20 before that used to go home and away as it was OK to POTG. Yesterday after a heavy Friday just couldn't be bothered with a 10 o'clock leave and watched it on telly, I have never watched a Palace game with so much disinterest.

We have had 3 managers in the last 10 games and won just one of them...that's a stat to be proud of !!

No not even funny anymore just a bit boring, My mate is a Villa fan and he said he was feeling the same for about 3 season before finally giving up his ST the year they went down, but once they went down he bought one for the championship as he was excited about playing different teams and maybe winning more games !

Unless you have unlimited amounts of money to spunk on overpaid players, the Prem becomes a bit dull, well it has for me anyway!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Talk to a Newcastle fan about last season and I expect it was one of their favourite ever, winning every week, scoring goals, different stadia, promotion.....but that's acceptable when you get up at the first time of asking. What happens when you become a Blackburn, Norwich, Leeds, Birmingham, Forest, Ipswich, Wednesday.........perpetual Championship football with the big league dangling just out of reach. You might win more games, but when you don't make it the frustrations are still the same.

Your Villa friend this season, is he still as enamoured with it all?

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Shirley playing European football makes things exciting...

,,,oh.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Not buying nonsense. You reached a cup final and finished mid table a few seasons in this league. You have got off to a bad start and all the old waffle comes out. Make no excuses you are going down and so you better get use to it. Stop whinging, you have been lucky for a few years now and enjoyed the high life while taking the piss out of us.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
too early to condemn them, but next games are ManC (A), ManU (A), Chelsea (H), so you wonder where their first point will come from.

Yeah, but they got some points off the big boys last year when they were in trouble. At the moment it don't look good for them though, they're setting the benchmark for worst ever PL side. :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not buying nonsense. You reached a cup final and finished mid table a few seasons in this league. You have got off to a bad start and all the old waffle comes out. Make no excuses you are going down and so you better get use to it. Stop whinging, you have been lucky for a few years now and enjoyed the high life while taking the piss out of us.

You can understand why the cup final is easily forgotten:-

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Whilst they remain on zero points I am certainly enjoying it. Not sure we should laugh too loudly though with being just 5 matches in.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Whilst they remain on zero points I am certainly enjoying it. Not sure we should laugh too loudly though with being just 5 matches in.

All this triumphalism will come back to bite us.
Lets be honest folks...4 points out of 15 aint anything to be too proud about either, particularly as we have probably chucked 4 points away already. One poor performance, three average and only one half decent display and yet some are laughing about Palace's predicament.
Still, if it keeps people happy.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Worth pointing out that Allardyce's reign didn't start all that promisingly, until they somehow clawed together a run of wins against teams they wouldn't have been expected to beat. Didn't they beat Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool or something?. Those wins ultimately kept them up amid the shambolic (by which I do of course mean "hilarious") home capitulations against the likes of Swansea, Burnley (one away win all season!) and Sunderland (4-0 down at half time).

Effectively, I'm saying that we all know deep down they'll pull it back around, even if it takes another couple of desperate managerial sackings. I've said it before: they are like cockroaches in the apocalypse: small, unwanted creatures that nobody likes, yet somehow, at the end of days, when everything around them has gone to ratshit, they're the ones left standing. And nobody quite knows how.

Last edited:

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex

I understand what your saying but that year I only saw palace win once as I was away for their only other win...the cup final is sadly not what it was, Wembley is not what it was, it's a football ground in the middle of a shopping center, yes I enjoyed beating Arsenal a few months ago but that's soon forgotten when you lose 9 out of your next ten... I think I am always a bit pissed off at all he beginning of the football season as it means the finishing of the cricket season !

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I understand what your saying but that year I only saw palace win once as I was away for their only other win...the cup final is sadly not what it was, Wembley is not what it was, it's a football ground in the middle of a shopping center, yes I enjoyed beating Arsenal a few months ago but that's soon forgotten when you lose 9 out of your next ten... I think I am always a bit pissed off at all he beginning of the football season as it means the finishing of the cricket season !

Will you renew if you go down ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here