Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jamie Carragher and Sky Sports coverage

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
How have Bournemouth been allowed to not put in place all the Premier League requirements for on site TV studios, which have cost us millions to put in place in the South East corner.
It is the first time ever I have seen a Premier League game being covered by mobile screens and interviews on pitch side.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
One of the few pundits to look at how we set up defensively and compliment it rather than just branding it negative, though it is a little negative.

Hopefully we'll get a little more expansive as the season goes on/players adapt/injured players return.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
How have Bournemouth been allowed to not put in place all the Premier League requirements for on site TV studios, which have cost us millions to put in place in the South East corner.
It is the first time ever I have seen a Premier League game being covered by mobile screens and interviews on pitch side.

They did the same at the Emirates on the opening weekend on Friday night.... think it's a Friday thing ?

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Now, I'm not normally one for great bouts of paranoia or getting in a stew about perceived slights towards my beloved Albion. But did anyone else feel that Mr Carragher was just a tinsy-winsy bit biased against us? I'd have loved us to have won if only to see the smug, self righteous smile wiped off his face.

No.

Both pundits were very fair I thought. Carragher's brief was obviously to focus on Bournemouth's attempt to resurrect their season, which is why he was with Defoe earlier in the day.

During commentary he was complimentary about a few of our players.

Sky did a good job last night. Carragher and Neville are good pundits IMO.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
No.

Both pundits were very fair I thought. Carragher's brief was obviously to focus on Bournemouth's attempt to resurrect their season, which is why he was with Defoe earlier in the day.

During commentary he was complimentary about a few of our players.

Sky did a good job last night. Carragher and Neville are good pundits IMO.

:thumbsup: the crap ones are on bbc1 tonight (if its anything like last week)

afcb

Dec 14, 2007

We have one in the corner. Of course it will never be as good as yours but its there and been used on numerous occasions.

I think all this down on the pitch stuff is them trying to freshen things up.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
We have one in the corner. Of course it will never be as good as yours but its there and been used on numerous occasions.

I think all this down on the pitch stuff is them trying to freshen things up.

OK thanks for that. It just seems stupid that they make clubs spend all this money meeting Sky requirements then proceed to screen a real amateur presentation. Just another reason for me to hate Sky Sports and the Premier League so much. They are ruining football in this country.

LowerWesty

LowerWesty
Aug 16, 2012
Hassocks
Agree

Didn't have a problem with content...just struggle to put up with his voice (sorry)...looking forward to the day when we can choose our own pundit :moo:

Agree, however as others have said I also had difficult understanding some of his commentary. Both teams last night were South Coast, so you would have thought that Sky could have provided somebody without a strong northern accent.

Some will no doubt consider that it's best to have a knowledgeable commentator, rather than an uninformed understandable one . But it's not as if there aren't a number of commentators who are both understandable and knowledgeable. Do sky have a bias?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

Special dispensation I believe as they simply don't have anywhere to put a second studio in that stadium. The pitchside was probably just a 'Friday Night Football' gimmick though.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Can't say he was biased. He loved Dunk and Duffy. Only disappointment was hearing them talk about our success under Hughton as if it's been purely based on defensive strength. Something like 5th highest scorers in Championship last season I think, and joint highest the season before. Yes, defensive strength has been essential but if we are ever in a position to put a PL team out that can take on a side on equal terms (next season maybe?), everything about Hughton's record says he will attack.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that they were both very good with very knowledgeable input and compliment us on good points but obviously wanted AFCB to start their season off and rightly went into raptures about the Jordan Ibe substitution and his MOM contribution..

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here