Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Games moved for tv

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Don't Sky have to show a minimum number of matches for each team? Seeing as we seem to be everyone's bet for relegation, I wonder if they are just trying to get through the games they're obliged to show early so they can focus on the top 6 at the end of season (and at Christmas). Same goes for West Ham, Stoke who are unlikely to be involved in anything interesting at season's end. Of course we might be involved in a relegation dogfight (or push for Europa League spot :flypig:) but they can always select more games for us. And I'd expect us to be on for the Liverpool and Man U games at the end of the season regardless of our position.

This tends to be true. They do front load with the 'smaller' clubs early on so hopefully things will settle down (unless we're doing a 'Leicester'!)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Don't Sky have to show a minimum number of matches for each team? Seeing as we seem to be everyone's bet for relegation, I wonder if they are just trying to get through the games they're obliged to show early so they can focus on the top 6 at the end of season (and at Christmas). Same goes for West Ham, Stoke who are unlikely to be involved in anything interesting at season's end. Of course we might be involved in a relegation dogfight (or push for Europa League spot :flypig:) but they can always select more games for us. And I'd expect us to be on for the Liverpool and Man U games at the end of the season regardless of our position.

There's a minimum and maximum for each club in each of the packages sold:

Package A 28 at Sat 12.30pm Sky
- 6 1st picks
- 14 2nd picks
- 8 5th picks

Package B 28 at Sat 5.30pm BT
- 9 1st picks
- 12 3rd picks
- 7 5th picks

Package C 28 at Sun 1.30pm/2.15pm Sky
- 15 2nd picks
- 6 4th picks
- 7 5th picks

Package D 28 at Sun 4pm/4.30pm Sky
- 18 1st picks
- 10 4th picks

Package E 28 at Mon 8pm (min 18) or Fri 7.30pm/8pm (max 10) Sky
- 15 3rd picks
- 13 4th picks

Package F 6 midweek; 8 at Sat 12.30pm or Sat 5.30pm or Sun 12pm BT
- 3 1st picks
- 7 2nd picks
- 4 4th picks

Package G 8 Bank Hols; 6 at Sun 1.30pm/2.15pm or Sun 4pm/4.30pm Sky
- 2 1st picks
- 2 2nd picks
- 8 3rd picks
- 2 4th picks

Club Quotas (in alphabetical package order):
Maximum: 5, 5, 5, 5, 4, 3, 2 (Total = 29)
Minimum: 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0 (Total = 5)

So, the minimum a side can be on is 5 times, once in each package A-E. The maximum is 29, 5 in Packages A-D, 4 in Package E, 3 in Package F and 2 in Package G.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
If one is determined to watch premier league football at 3 pm on a Saturday, then no doubt one can. I'm not sure it would make much difference.

The global football authorities disagree.

There's a world of difference from, say, 100,000 watching some dodgy Premier League streams to 2m Brits staying at home to watch Sky's coverage of El Clasico at 4pm on a Saturday afternoon.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Is it something to do with the Uni?

Edit - the club site says it could be on tv. [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION]

Three matches - against West Ham United, Southampton and Stoke City - are already confirmed for live broadcast on Sky Sports, while Everton's visit to the Amex could also be selected for television coverage, and as such will now kick off at 1.30pm on Sunday 15th October.

So the time and date is definite but whether it's on TV or not is still up in the air??? Really strange especially as Europa league has nothing to do with it. Like you say possible the Uni

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It's not unwritten or pointless - it helps protect the income of small clubs.

I don't agree, if you are a fan of a small club who goes to their matches you will continue to do so rather than sit at home and watch Stoke v Burnley on TV or Utd v City come to that. 10 years ago how many Albion fans would have watched TV rather than support the team, very few IMO

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Game moved as Everton playing Europa League (same as Arsenal) on Thursday - TV companies thought might as well show Arsenal then which might also mean Everton as well as Sky only have a 4pm match scheduled that day

Why is everybody fixated that Everton are playing in the Europa Cup during an international break

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I don't agree, if you are a fan of a small club who goes to their matches you will continue to do so rather than sit at home and watch Stoke v Burnley on TV or Utd v City come to that. 10 years ago how many Albion fans would have watched TV rather than support the team, very few IMO

Maybe it's easier to get kids into it this way? If you live in somewhere like Bury or Oldham, you can take the kids to Gigg Lane or Boundary Park and watch the live Man Utd or City game at 12 or 5:30. If the kids are being led astray by their glory hunting mates at school, might make all the difference.

I don't know though; I don't have kids, or live in either Bury or Oldham.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

"Johnny, watch to come and watch Bury v Northampton on Saturday afternoon?"

"Nah, you're alright dad - it's Man Utd versus Chelsea on telly. Save your £20."

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I'm OK with Friday nights, Saturday lunch time / evening.... but Sunday 1.30pm is absolutely the worst time for football

In your opinion.
In my world any time Saturday is good for football, 3PM in an ideal world, but I would rather watch football on a Sunday at 1.30 PM than any evening, especially Friday.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
fixtures2.jpg

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Ironic - or more accurately just annoying - that 2 games which are among the most attractive to Albion fans all season aren't being televised. Man Utd on TV would have gone down well with everyone that will struggle to get a ticket. Likewise Palace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here