Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The BEST and the WORST places to live in Sussex...?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
St. Leonards has a bad reputation, but the seafront is beautiful. The coast along from Bexhill to Hastings is amazing and there's some great characters in Hastings :D

St Leonard's used to be a separate entity to Hastings, being very upmarket in its time.
Now under the umbrella of Hastings, it does get tarred with same anxt that Hastings gets labelled with.
My family comes from Hastings, and most of the stories of growing up in Hastings were of happier times, when people actually respected their surroundings.
IMO, it's just the Jeremy Kyle generation that gives places, such as Hastings, a bad name.
There are some still very nice places in Hastings, the old town being one.
I love going drinking in the old town, with all its foibles:)

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Love living on Shoreham Beach. Close enough to the town and Brighton but far enough away from the noise and idiots with the sea 2 mins walk from my front door.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
You can dress Burgess Hill up as much as you want but most Sussex folks know it's a dump.[/QUOT
About to start the redevelopment of the shopping centre with new shops and cafes bars the gas works is going to be a new Liddles new library 10 screen cinema new shops another hotel town centre flats and new schools 3500+ new houses.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
St Leonard's used to be a separate entity to Hastings, being very upmarket in its time.
Now under the umbrella of Hastings, it does get tarred with same anxt that Hastings gets labelled with.
My family comes from Hastings, and most of the stories of growing up in Hastings were of happier times, when people actually respected their surroundings.
IMO, it's just the Jeremy Kyle generation that gives places, such as Hastings, a bad name.
There are some still very nice places in Hastings, the old town being one.
I love going drinking in the old town, with all its foibles:)

yes, there's some great bars in the old town, reminds me of what Brighton used to be like

D

Deleted User X18H

Brighton is looking a little disheveled this morning.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You can dress Burgess Hill up as much as you want but most Sussex folks know it's a dump.[/QUOT
About to start the redevelopment of the shopping centre with new shops and cafes bars the gas works is going to be a new Liddles new library 10 screen cinema new shops another hotel town centre flats and new schools 3500+ new houses.

Much as I like BH, I'm not convinced a new Lidl is a huge plus to be honest :whistle::whistle: Also not sure how the current infrastructure will cope with the massively increased numbers. Traffic can already be bad, both train stations have hugely increased passenger numbers over the last 15-20 years. Don't hear a lot about any new schools, doctors, dentists etc to support the incoming 000s.

I would agree with [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION] in one respect in the town centre of Burgess Hill is a proper dump so the redevelopment is desperately needed. What appeals to me more about BH is the location (maybe in part I'm lucky enough to live right on the edge of town with a brilliant nature reserve the other side of my garden fence and still only be 5 mins walk from the station)

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Much as I like BH, I'm not convinced a new Lidl is a huge plus to be honest :whistle::whistle: Also not sure how the current infrastructure will cope with the massively increased numbers. Traffic can already be bad, both train stations have hugely increased passenger numbers over the last 15-20 years. Don't hear a lot about any new schools, doctors, dentists etc to support the incoming 000s.

I would agree with [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION] in one respect in the town centre of Burgess Hill is a proper dump so the redevelopment is desperately needed. What appeals to me more about BH is the location (maybe in part I'm lucky enough to live right on the edge of town with a brilliant nature reserve the other side of my garden fence and still only be 5 mins walk from the station)
a lot of the far east side of Burgess Hill is in fact in East Sussex and actual comes under Lewes Disrict council

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I've said it before and I'll say it again - walking the length of Worthing promenade from Brooklands in the east to Goring Gap in the west is one of my favourite things. Likewise, climbing up Cissbury Ring, taking in the majesty of the South Downs and Sussex coast and knowing that this is all God's country.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
And the relevance of your post?

It's a very small part of Burgess Hill that sits outside West Sussex. Certainly not "a lot of the far east side" in any case. Just a small bit in the North East of the town.
the point is they are building houses on the edge of Mid Sussex who has to provide the infrastructure and Lewes DC take the council tax also they are building on the edge of Haywards Heath 200 to 300 houses.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here