Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:lolol:

[tweet]1062975056794583040[/tweet]

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Brexit is just too big for any single party to navigate harmoniously. The last election was a good one to lose.

Which is why I said right from the outset that May should have had Labour on the negotiating team. Not only is Starmer a sharper cookie than Davis and Raab but it would have nullified the threat from the ERG, would have meant not being at the DUP's beck and call and would have ensured that if it all went Pete Tong, then the Tories wouldn't have got all the blame.

May's gone down a single path, one where's she scarcely got whole-hearted support from her own party, This deal will never get through parliament and she's entirely to blame for it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
your beloved ***** on the left

I resigned from the Labour Party due to Corbyn. They’re not my “beloved *****” on the left. :smile:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Which is why I said right from the outset that May should have had Labour on the negotiating team. Not only is Starmer a sharper cookie than Davis and Raab but it would have nullified the threat from the ERG, would have meant not being at the DUP's beck and call and would have ensured that if it all went Pete Tong, then the Tories wouldn't have got all the blame.

May's gone down a single path, one where's she scarcely got whole-hearted support from her own party, This deal will never get through parliament and she's entirely to blame for it.

But why would Labour want to put themselves forward to be part of the biggest f*** up in recent history ?

The three options (soft Brexit, No deal, Remain) were obvious from the outset. I don't believe changing the negotiating team would have changed the EUs position or the outcome other than to give someone else to blame. TM knew it was a poisoned chalice but you can see why she stepped forward. It was her one opportunity to become PM and her ambition overruled her common sense.

What case could there possibly have been for Labour stepping forward to share the blame for a situation created by David Cameron ?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Keir Starmer has just said Labour will not vote for this deal, and so have the DUP.

Got a feeling some Labour MP's will abstain and May will win the vote by the skin of her teeth

Of course this a draft, and some EU countries may want the withdrawl agreement amended

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
[tweet]1062992019449098241[/tweet]

What I don't get is that surely Rabb will have been privy to this text all along and only took the role on once May's Chequers plan was in the open.

Presumably he couldn't support Chequers, knew he couldn't support what has been decided long ago, but only resigns now.

Seems he has been playing a game :shrug:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
What I don't get is that surely Rabb will have been privy to this text all along and only took the role on once May's Chequers plan was in the open.

Presumably he couldn't support Chequers, knew he couldn't support what has been decided long ago, but only resigns now.

This sums him up quite succinctly.

[tweet]1062994962726424576[/tweet]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Raab now being tipped as keen to mount a leadership challenge, begging the question:-

'what the fook is wrong with the man?'

'Hey you there want to take over from me as captain of this fine vessel'.
'Really sir, mid voyage?'
'Oh yes you are clearly the right man for the job'.
'Wow I'm actually captain of THE Titanic'.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Playing political games while the country sinks deeper into the shit ?

Surely not, there's certainly no history of that with Brexit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here