Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nathan Jones, Luton and Connolly

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
With Connelly in such rude form and us potentially looking to loan him out in January, Luton Town would seem like a decent fit. Nathan Jones doing well there. Would seem logical, especially with his Albion connections.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Hylton and Lee are first choice there. James Collins is pretty good too. He wouldn't get the game time.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
what would he gain out of sitting on he bench for Luton against being in our squad but nit getting a spot.very little but if he was guaranteed to start that would be different.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think he should be looking higher than that personally.

Upper reaches of League 1? Would be fine for him IMHO. Only trouble is, as they're doing fine, would he get much game time?

On the other hand, Wigan aren't exactly banging in net-fulls. Championship, and link up with Walton?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Upper reaches of League 1? Would be fine for him IMHO. Only trouble is, as they're doing fine, would he get much game time?

On the other hand, Wigan aren't exactly banging in net-fulls. Championship, and link up with Walton?

I suspect a team like Wigan is a better bet. Higher reaches of the championship would mean he wouldn’t play. Wigan seems like a good balance.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Leave 1 side in my view...unlikely to get anything in the sides near the top....Clough at Burton I believe would treat him well...but would we really loan him out?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Who says we are looking to loan him out? ( apart from NSC)

Simon Rusk has hinted at a loan option, but that's not to say he will be loaned out:

"He is getting some headlines because he’s scored a lot of goals but a lot of the lads are doing well in the group. With that I’m sure comes a little bit of interest from other clubs who would want to take him on loan. It’s about us as a football club sitting down and weighing up the most suitable thing for Aaron’s next phase after Christmas. That will be a joint decision."

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Simon Rusk has hinted at a loan option, but that's not to say he will be loaned out:

"He is getting some headlines because he’s scored a lot of goals but a lot of the lads are doing well in the group. With that I’m sure comes a little bit of interest from other clubs who would want to take him on loan. It’s about us as a football club sitting down and weighing up the most suitable thing for Aaron’s next phase after Christmas. That will be a joint decision."

Three Counties Radio reported 40 scouts at tonight's match.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
League 1 seems the right level but the most important thing is he gets lots of game time.

Wouldn't be surprised if we see 3 or 4 go out on half season loans which will weaken the team but also give others a chance.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I suspect a team like Wigan is a better bet. Higher reaches of the championship would mean he wouldn’t play. Wigan seems like a good balance.

Part of a deal to get Powell here perhaps. He will definately move in Jan

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Hylton and Lee are first choice there. James Collins is pretty good too. He wouldn't get the game time.

'If' he was to end up at Luton he'd intially be a great option off the bench. The Hatters create a high number of chances on almost a game by game basis(yesterday was no except). He could potentially thrive at a club where Jones is doing a regal job. Connolly could play a key role for five months in a promotion push. Let's imagine Jones and Connolly being reunited again at some stage in the Premier League. Ok, I'm getting ahead of myself. I just think at this stage of his development League One with a team and manager on the up would be about right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here