Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings vs Cardiff (a)

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Well, someone had to do it.

Ryan 6.5 -- solid, apart from one flap near the end. Kicking better today.
Montoya 7 -- decent return
Duffy 7.5 -- still in fine form
Dunk 8 MotM -- top stuff
Bong 6 -- mostly solid defensively, perhaps could have done more for their first, distribution still poor
Knockaert 5 -- poor in possession, did alright defensively
Stephens 4 -- gave the ref the option
Kayal 7 -- looked good again
Izquierdo 5 -- one good shot, too many other missed opportunities
March 6
Murray 5.5

Bissouma 6 -- did OK
Andone 7 -- promising

Martin Atkinson 4 -- got the red right in my view, but a procession of homer decisions

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Ryan 6
Montoya 7
Duffy 7
Dunk 8
Bong 5
Knockaert 5.5
Stephens 3
Kayal 4.5
Izquierdo 3
March 6
Murray 5

Bissouma 5
Andone 6.5

Martin Atkinson 1

bhafcjack

Nov 3, 2018
Brighton
Ryan 6
Montoya 6
Duffy 7
Dunk 8
Bong 3.5
Knockaert 4
Stephens 3
Kayal 4
Izquierdo 3
March 4
Murray 5

Bissouma 5
Andone 7

Hughton 4

Cardiff 5

Ref 1

Jakeg

Feb 7, 2016
Ryan-6
Montoya-6
Dunk- 8 good header for the goal, did nothing wrong today
Duffy-6 could have done better with the first goal imo
Bong-5 not great awful defending for first goal needs to relax on the ball more
Knockaert- 5 did nothing
Stephens-4 wasn’t playing well before red card and gave the ref a decision to make
Kayal- 4 awful from him today, couldn’t keep the ball and kept passing it behind players on counter attacks
Izquierdo- 4 marked up by a point for a decent shot at the end, didn’t get his head up once today, made the wrong decision on countless occasions, could have tried to have played Andone in on about the 80th minute mark instead ran into trouble.
March- 6.5 did alright good decision for goal
Murray- 5 didn’t hold up the ball today although completely isolated so hard to be to critical
Subs
Andone- 7.5 looked good under the circumstances the only player that looked threatening
Bissouma- 6 little bit iffy at first but did ok
Atkinson- :wanker:

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Ryan-6
Montoya-6
Knockaert- 5 did nothing
Stephens-4 wasn’t playing well before red card and gave the ref a decision to make
Kayal- 4 awful from him today, couldn’t keep the ball and kept passing it behind players on counter attacks
Izquierdo- 4 marked up by a point for a decent shot at the end, didn’t get his head up once today, made the wrong decision on countless occasions, could have tried to have played Andone in on about the 80th minute mark instead ran into trouble.
Murray- 5 didn’t hold up the ball today although completely isolated so hard to be to critical
Subs
Andone- 7.5 looked good under the circumstances the only player that looked threatening

Pretty spot on for me but would have taken a point off March as he clearly cannot play that role behind Murray. Obviously was told to play close to Murray, but often was standing on his toes. I would like to see him back on he wing.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Ryan 6
Montoya 5
Dunk 7
Duffy 6
Bong 5
Stephens 3
Kayal 5
Izquierdo 5
Knockhart 4
March 3
Murray 3

Bissouma 4
And one 5

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Ryan 7 did well aside from a flap. Didn’t have a ton of saves to make despite the pressure.
Montoya 5 I’m not quite sure why he’s back in the side. Weak on the ball and offers nothing offensively.
Duffy 7 dealt well with the aerial bombardment
Dunk 8 good goal and my MOTM
Bong 7 I thought he played well, particularly in one on one situations. Created a good chance first half. Unlucky with the first goal
Knockaert 5 defended quite well but consistently got caught in possession and was well marshalled
Stephens 3 a red for me Jeff. Poor before too
Kayal 5 tried to drive the team forward, defended quite well, but often picked the wrong pass and committed far too many fouls, as usual
Izquierdo 5 sat so deep defensively. Picked the wrong option too often and refused to go down the outside to vary his play, making him too predictable.
March 7 did as well as he could have with his time on the pitch. Put in one excellent cross first half that absolutely no one gambled on.
Murray 4 not the game for him. So easily marshalled and the ref had him in his pocket all game

Andone 7 he needs to start going forward. This guy has something
Bissouma 6 not the ideal game for him. Defended well but clearly has been drilled to avoid running with the ball, which is a shame. Often picked the wrong pass.

CH 1 - these were there for the taking. I’ve no issue with his change when we went down to 10 men, but his selection and negative set up set the tone, as it so often does in away games. We dropped so deep after scoring which is criminal against a side whose defenders looked scared of the ball, yet we put them under no pressure in dangerous positions all game. We got out of this game what we deserved, not because of bad refereeing decisions, but because we were frightened of them. And that’s criminal in my book.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Our central defence our gold nugget, rest look a bit battered.

Ryan 6
Montoya 6
Duffy 7
Dunk 7
Bong 6
Knockaert 5
Stephens 3
Kayal 5
Izquierdo 5
March 5
Murray 5

Bissouma 5
Andone 6

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Ryan 7
Montoya 5
Duffy 6
Dunk 7
Bong 6
Knockaert 6
Stephens 2
Kayal 4
Izquierdo 6
March 4
Murray 5

Bissouma 6
Andone 6

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Ryan-6
Montoya-6
Knockaert- 5 did nothing
Subs

can't be bothered to do my own .....yours are bang on imho.....that game was there to be taken and we let it go , we have to learn from this game in particular , they were dire and we let them play themselves into the game ........sucker punch ate the end , wake the **** up boys , it takes most people a year to earn what you earn in a month.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
this whole having izzy and aj/knocky as outside backs is bollocks and is what is allowing teams to come on to us for large parts of the game ....we have 6 or 7 in defence and one alone up front , predictable , easy to defend and allows average teams to get on top us ....when we do break forward the ball is crossed no one , far too defensive and we are found out at this level.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Just back

6 - average

Ryan 6
Montoya 6
Bong 6
Duffy 6 - terrible start, great second half
Dunk 8
Stephens 4
Kayal 6.5
Izquierdo 5
Knockaert 6
March 6
Murray 6

Bissouma 7 more composure than most of the others
Andone 7 looks good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
can't be bothered to do my own .....yours are bang on imho.....that game was there to be taken and we let it go , we have to learn from this game in particular , they were dire and we let them play themselves into the game ........sucker punch ate the end , wake the **** up boys , it takes most people a year to earn what you earn in a month.

week?

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ryan 7 did well aside from a flap. Didn’t have a ton of saves to make despite the pressure.
Montoya 5 I’m not quite sure why he’s back in the side. Weak on the ball and offers nothing offensively.
Duffy 7 dealt well with the aerial bombardment
Dunk 8 good goal and my MOTM
Bong 7 I thought he played well, particularly in one on one situations. Created a good chance first half. Unlucky with the first goal
Knockaert 5 defended quite well but consistently got caught in possession and was well marshalled
Stephens 3 a red for me Jeff. Poor before too
Kayal 5 tried to drive the team forward, defended quite well, but often picked the wrong pass and committed far too many fouls, as usual
Izquierdo 5 sat so deep defensively. Picked the wrong option too often and refused to go down the outside to vary his play, making him too predictable.
March 7 did as well as he could have with his time on the pitch. Put in one excellent cross first half that absolutely no one gambled on.
Murray 4 not the game for him. So easily marshalled and the ref had him in his pocket all game

Andone 7 he needs to start going forward. This guy has something
Bissouma 6 not the ideal game for him. Defended well but clearly has been drilled to avoid running with the ball, which is a shame. Often picked the wrong pass.

CH 1 - these were there for the taking. I’ve no issue with his change when we went down to 10 men, but his selection and negative set up set the tone, as it so often does in away games. We dropped so deep after scoring which is criminal against a side whose defenders looked scared of the ball, yet we put them under no pressure in dangerous positions all game. We got out of this game what we deserved, not because of bad refereeing decisions, but because we were frightened of them. And that’s criminal in my book.

Excellent work. Agree entirely

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
this whole having izzy and aj/knocky as outside backs is bollocks and is what is allowing teams to come on to us for large parts of the game ....we have 6 or 7 in defence and one alone up front , predictable , easy to defend and allows average teams to get on top us ....when we do break forward the ball is crossed no one , far too defensive and we are found out at this level.
Totally agree. These guys should be our most potent weapons but so often are rendered useless by the fact they are playing as doubled up full-backs most of the time, inviting pressure and when they do get the ball, they have to run three quarters of the pitch to get into threatening positions. We sit far too deep, far too often, against sides we should be imposing ourselves on. Yes we are missing Propper and Gross, so surely we should be utilising our other creative players much more effectively

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Well, someone had to do it.

Ryan 6.5 -- solid, apart from one flap near the end. Kicking better today.
Montoya 7 -- decent return
Duffy 7.5 -- still in fine form
Dunk 8 MotM -- top stuff
Bong 6 -- mostly solid defensively, perhaps could have done more for their first, distribution still poor
Knockaert 5 -- poor in possession, did alright defensively
Stephens 4 -- gave the ref the option
Kayal 7 -- looked good again
Izquierdo 5 -- one good shot, too many other missed opportunities
March 6
Murray 5.5

Bissouma 6 -- did OK
Andone 7 -- promising

Martin Atkinson 4 -- got the red right in my view, but a procession of homer decisions

LOL Kayal 7. You watching the same game?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here