Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Excellent evening thanks :thumbsup:

6 months ago, I asked whether you thought we would be able to implement a 'no deal' and you answered

So 6 months ago, you thought a 'no deal' would result in further extension(s) to EU membership and now you think it's possible. What has changed your mind over the last 6 months ? Is it the enormous amount of detailed planning, preparation and infrastructure that the Government has undertaken :D

And, I've asked before, anyone want to take a guess at how many WTO countries have objected to the schedules and quotas we submitted 3 months ago ?

Approximately 20 so far including New Zealand.
I think it also includes the USA, Moldova, Australia, Spain and Brazil. I haven't got the evidence for those.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
This flag or “emblem” is not exclusively an EU symbol. That’s a fact. If you continue to argue that after reading the article than I know you’re just arguing to be contrary.
I’m right on this. Get over it.

It must be very traumatic for some people when they watch Europe v USA in The Ryder Cup and see all those Flags of Europe as well.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It must be very traumatic for some people when they watch Europe v USA in The Ryder Cup and see all those Flags of Europe as well.

Quite. It’s the “emblem” or flag of Europe and not exclusive to the EU. Some people will argue black is white simply to insult others.
How anyone can deny this fact is incredible.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Quite. It’s the “emblem” or flag of Europe and not exclusive to the EU. Some people will argue black is white simply to insult others.
How anyone can deny this fact is incredible.

It's true. I've just been accused of making things up about Article 50, produced the evidence, which was ignored. It's all sneering and no facts from some contributors.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Approximately 20 so far including New Zealand.
I think it also includes the USA, Moldova, Australia, Spain and Brazil. I haven't got the evidence for those.

But at least negotiating with all of those (and throw in Russia, India, China and the EU) will be much easier than trying to negotiate with those nasty EU

Oh :facepalm:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It's true. I've just been accused of making things up about Article 50, produced the evidence, which was ignored. It's all sneering and no facts from some contributors.

I think some posters genuinely think we are leaving Europe. The way things are going we won’t even be leaving the EU.

Not that any country in Europe wants anything to do with us anymore.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Your charge might have some validity if a cabal of remainers was attempting to abandon Brexit via some sort of edict. That is not the case. Whilst it is obvious that most (not all) people wanting a further referendum hope to see Brexit reversed the essential point is that they want it done by democratic means. Ultimately it wouldn't be remainers who would stop Brexit. It would be the people.

You bouncing up and down shrieking 'undemocratic loons' won't conceal that essential fact.

A cabal of remainers have been seeking to reverse the result before it can be enacted, calling for another go simply because they didn't like the first result. We don't do that sort of thing in this country for many good reasons whereas ignoring or circumventing the people's democratic voice until they vote the 'right' way is the norm for the EU. I would rather they and you keep your grubby practises away from this great country.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

No you weren't - you were accused of making up the 'fact' that Labour members are 'leaving in their droves'. I even provided you the link to disprove your claim - something you clearly didn't bother reading otherwise you wouldn't have misunderstood what I was accusing you of.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
A cabal of remainers have been seeking to reverse the result before it can be enacted, calling for another go simply because they didn't like the first result. We don't do that sort of thing in this country for many good reasons whereas ignoring or circumventing the people's democratic voice until they vote the 'right' way is the norm for the EU. I would rather they and you keep your grubby practises away from this great country.

We want it reversed because we thought it would be disastrous for the U.K. and it is proving to be so.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
I might pop back later if the undemocratic loon set can pool their collective 'wisdom' :lolol: to form a vaguely credible argument until then ... adios, amigos.

Remember it's all about this ...

FemaleTinyIcelandicsheepdog-size_restricted.gif

compared to ...

255px-Flag_of_Europe.svg.png
[/QUOTE

Good to see you're back and credible reasons have been given! Or was that more nonsense ?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Excellent evening thanks :thumbsup:

6 months ago, I asked whether you thought we would be able to implement a 'no deal' and you answered

So 6 months ago, you thought a 'no deal' would result in further extension(s) to EU membership and now you think it's possible. What has changed your mind over the last 6 months ? Is it the enormous amount of detailed planning, preparation and infrastructure that the Government has undertaken :D

And, I've asked before, anyone want to take a guess at how many WTO countries have objected to the schedules and quotas we submitted 3 months ago ?

Yes I suggested No deal could happen with likely temporary emergency measures being agreed by both sides reducing any chaos. I thought no deal was a possible outcome then and now. My position hasn't changed at all and is not the same as yours as you have clearly stated No deal was never going to happen. :shrug:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Yes I suggested No deal could happen with likely temporary emergency measures being agreed by both sides reducing any chaos. I thought no deal was a possible outcome then and now. My position hasn't changed at all and is not the same as yours as you have clearly stated No deal was never going to happen. :shrug:

So you still think 'no deal' would cause chaos

6 months ago you said that 'no deal' would result in extension of EU membership with the title 'emergency measures'

The bottom line is still that the three options that you and the government currently think are still available are the exact three options I told you there would be over a year ago and there has been little or no change since. 'All still to play for ?' :shrug:

*edit* I guess that your underlying point is actually sound. The chaos of a 'no deal' Brexit could be avoided by keeping EU membership going :D

Last edited:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I might pop back later if the undemocratic loon set can pool their collective 'wisdom' :lolol: to form a vaguely credible argument until then ... adios, amigos.

Remember it's all about this ...

FemaleTinyIcelandicsheepdog-size_restricted.gif

compared to ...

255px-Flag_of_Europe.svg.png
[/QUOTE

Good to see you're back and credible reasons have been given! Or was that more nonsense ?

Thanks! You obviously set a very low bar for 'credible'.... :flounce:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
6 months ago you said that 'no deal' would result in extension of EU membership with the title 'emergency measures'

The bottom line is still that the three options that you and the government currently think are still available are the exact three options I told you there would be over a year ago and there has been little or no change since. 'All still to play for ?' :shrug:

Amount of disruption or chaos Depends on the no deal scenario, there are several.

Temporary emergency measures to continue an ongoing relationship if agreed is not the same as extending EU membership. No deal is still possible it always was. As I have said previously not being ready for it doesn't mean it couldn't happen - see incompetent way the leaving process has been handled.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think some posters genuinely think we are leaving Europe. The way things are going we won’t even be leaving the EU.

Not that any country in Europe wants anything to do with us anymore.

Actually they do. Only yesterday a Belgian person shouted at Theresa May, We want you to stay. (well, it worked with Dale Stephens)

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Amount of disruption or chaos Depends on the no deal scenario, there are several.

Temporary emergency measures to continue an ongoing relationship if agreed is not the same as extending EU membership. No deal is still possible it always was. As I have said previously not being ready for it doesn't mean it couldn't happen - see incompetent way the leaving process has been handled.

I would respectfully suggest that if membership doesn't finish on 29th March 2019, then we are extending our membership of the EU, whatever you or the government call it :p

But, as I said above, I agree with your basic premise that the chaos of a 'no deal' Brexit could be avoided by keeping EU membership going.

Anyway, off to see the game in a minute - Up the Albion :cheers:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here