Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] World Cup Opening Ceremony

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
When did Robbie become a Russian? As someone said earlier - the ceremony was shit, but at least it was brief shit.

Take a pocketful of Rubels then flip the bird like you’re some kind of rebellious rock legend, f**k off Robbie, you’ve always been a sell out!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
TBF to him I'd sell out if I were him too!

I'm not actually criticising the selling out, he is a great entertainer, I was at V96, half asleep mid afternoon and he came bounding out chucking pies into the crowd (he was getting a lot of fat stick at the time) and he did a brilliant set. No, it's not criticising him for being great at entertaining, but he always seems to want to be something he isn't. When he was finishing with that boy band, he wanted to be a Britpop Indie star hanging around with Oasis etc. Now he's doing World Cup openings, and he's flipping his finger like he's some kind of rebel. He isn't. He is a commercially minded entertainer, he just thinks he's something else.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thyink that the opening ceremony was about the right length taking into account this is a football tournament and also believe that Robbie Williams being one of the best and most popular entertainers with world wide recognition he was the ideal entertainment. choice Would just add that I have heard numerous singers try to sing Angels and none have got anywhere near to him in excellance both professional and amateur.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here