Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] James Collins

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Totally uninspiring if true - the guy's 34 FFS, West Ham are likely to be going in for Alfie Mawson from Swansea as a replacement (so why the **** aren't we in for Mawson instead of Collins?) and he's probably at the bottom of the West Ham central defender pecking order anyway.

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
Is Collins to fill in for a sale of one of our two 'rated' centrebacks?

I keep reading and laughing over the possibility of Dunk to Liverpool for £50M quotes.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Totally uninspiring if true - the guy's 34 FFS, West Ham are likely to be going in for Alfie Mawson from Swansea as a replacement (so why the **** aren't we in for Mawson instead of Collins?) and he's probably at the bottom of the West Ham central defender pecking order anyway.

Reading this thread on Twitter, there's quite a few Hammers who would be very upset to lose him.
If the move for him in the summer was correct, that would explain why Goldson's loan to Ipswich fell through.

https://twitter.com/ExWHUemployee/status/953413803705880577

[tweet]953413803705880577[/tweet]

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

Millions of reasons. Literally.

Also, filling a COMPLETELY different space in the squad. Mawson will expect to be a first choice centre back when he moves. Collins, although wanting to play, will be under no illusion that Dunk and Duffy are first choice.

This would be a squad signing.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Ha!

As long as there is Roast Beef left in the shop, otherwise you would have spent the whole time shopping for veg when what you really want is the Roast Beef.

Calm down, there’s always Lamb, Chicken or Akpom:)

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Very good signing if it comes off ... Proven prem quality and a good 2 years left in him

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Don't understand it unless we are looking to play Dunk up front...

I would prefer we give Goldson some game time either as part of a 3 man CB group or to replace Duffy

He will now turn out to be one to save our season

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
Hard to think of a more uninspiring, hard brexit "proven Premier League quality!!11!!" defensive signing than him. Shawcross, Gareth McAuley would come close I guess

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Does buying the Roast Beef after buying the Veg ruin your roast dinner? Hope that simplifies it a little.

In these modern supermarket things, you can buy both at same time so no it doesnt ruin my dinner but buying no beef just vegetables would.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
In these modern supermarket things, you can buy both at same time so no it doesnt ruin my dinner but buying no beef just vegetables would.

Riiiight. You’d definitely wouldn’t try and get something else as an alternative but hey, you’d still be furious that you got the veg first for no logical reason.

Deals aren’t completed in priority order. Should the club pull out of a deal for a defender because the one with the striker has hit a few problems then? I am confused with the logic

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Didn't he play against us for Cardiff back in the Zamora years?

Great. I can cross him off my new signings to BOO loudly list.

That would have included the pre-match warm up too.

God I'm so ANGRY.

This might prevent me from starting an argument in my supermarket car park for no reason whatsoever.

That's my trolley you total *******!... etc.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Just what we need, a 5th ageing centre back. Get in.

Not at all excited by the prospect of Collins, but this is a very odd comment.

'5th ageing centre back'? :shrug:

Uwe is 32, which itself is barely 'ageing' for that position.

The other three are 26 ,26 and 25 years old.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here