Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is it OK to show your disapproval?

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
I would never boo or shout anything negative at any player or decision. I was one of the few who clapped the team yesterday and watched Hughton respond rather half heartedly. Good cheers for Matty Ryan at the very end. As for the clackers- WBA kids were still using them on the tram back to New Street. Really, very annoying.

So Brighton’s half arsed effort didn’t annoy you but the wba clackers did ?!

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
All the negativity and bitching is laughable. We have come a long way on a pretty small budget and the fans should start remembering that! Currently 16th in arguably the best league on the world, new stadium and never had it so good!

Get a ****ing grip. We do need a few reinforcements this window (namely a striker or 2 and an attacking midfielder) but the way some are acting is like they expect a top 5 euro finish :|

Calling for CH to go is just one example of how deluded some of our "fan base" are...

Last edited:

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
We have earned the right to be where we are, but have to show a commitment to stay.
Getting promoted is only half the job.
I understand that we do not have the backing that the top six clubs do and are trying to manage the club like a business, but maybe the first team warranted the investment before the development centre.
Not saying we don't need one, but maybe it could have been constructed from the proceeds of a successful couple of seasons in the Premier League.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
We have earned the right to be where we are, but have to show a commitment to stay.
Getting promoted is only half the job.
I understand that we do not have the backing that the top six clubs do and are trying to manage the club like a business, but maybe the first team warranted the investment before the development centre.
Not saying we don't need one, but maybe it could have been constructed from the proceeds of a successful couple of seasons in the Premier League.

The game plan was to get a top class infrastructure in place, before possible promotion to the PL, which, in theory, would give us a better chance of attracting higher calibre players to the club. In truth, money counts for eveything and all the swanky facilities in the world count for nothing, if another club ( albeit with less impressive facilities ) is offering a lot more money.
The PL is all about pace, accuracy, running off the ball and goalscoring. Many, many fans suggested some considerable time ago that all our efforts should be directed at breaking the bank to secure a quick, proven goalscorer and a strong, quick, dynamic midfielder. It is fair to say that neither of these positions have been adequately filled and it is no surprise to now find us struggling.
We all know that recruitment isn't easy. So many clubs are looking for the same type of player. What is disappointing, is the amount of time we had to identify and secure the right people. Its not all down to bad luck. Most of it is down to not offering enough money and that is where your suggestion has some credence.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
I wasn't proud of it but felt it was needed, clearly my actions upset people
If you got a dirty look then you were behind me. I am getting to breaking point with the amount of negativity and the lack of realism. Telling players they are shit, a disgrace etc is not what I go to the Albion games to hear. I find it hard that I go there to support the team but others have such an opposite approach to supporting. A classic after the game was someone moaning about “travelling all that way to watch that shit” only to follow it up with “so who is doing Stoke?”

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
All the negativity and bitching is laughable. We have come a long way on a pretty small budget and the fans should start remembering that! Currently 16th in arguably the best league on the world, new stadium and never had it so good!

Get a ****ing grip. We do need a few reinforcements this window (namely a striker or 2 and an attacking midfielder) but the way some are acting is like they expect a top 5 euro finish :|

Calling for CH to go is just one example of how deluded some of our "fan base" are...

Where are people talking about a top 5euro finish?

Most sensible people are asking why Hughton continues with the same tactics he employed in the PL with previous clubs? It didn't work then and is clearly not working now. Nothing wrong with questioning the manager when we haven't scored away from home in God knows how long. Nothing wrong with asking why, against a team who hadn't won in 21 games, does he set up to not lose rather than take the game to them.

It isn't bitching to question why the recruitment team left getting a goal scorer in until it needed a two hour extension to the transfer window when we knew in early April that we were going up. And even then failed to get anybody in. It has taken so long for this club to claw its way to the top flight and it feels like we are about to waste the opportunities that offers.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

Try not to let it get you down. It is a small minority of people - a bit like being at The Amex and there being one loudmouthed idiot abusing an Albion player for making a mistake when 200 others in the surrounding area prefer to keep quiet... unfortunately it is the moron who gets heard and an inflated sense of their own importance encourages them to keep banging away with the nonsense.

A break from NSC is probably a good idea but that would mean doing some work instead...

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I am not a fan of booing the team, but they really tested our patience on saturday so I can see how some felt compelled to do so.

I just left my seat a couple of minutes early (which I never do) i was appalled at that performance and i could not bring myself to applaud it.

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
Show your disapproval by not applauding by all means.... but booing? your own team? Really? How do you think that will help?

Players need to feel their crowd are on their side.. we're called 'supporters' for a reason!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Show your disapproval by not applauding by all means.... but booing? your own team? Really? How do you think that will help?

Players need to feel their crowd are on their side.. we're called 'supporters' for a reason!

I have never booed the Albion, never will. I will voice my concerns on here though. Some people on here need to realise that it isn't moaning but calling it that is easier for them to start with the name calling. The whole team need to know that we will support them, we know they don't play shit on purpose but they also need to know that many are not happy with the level of performances we've seen recently. They get paid a hell of a lot of money to kick a football. Some need to return to basics on that subject. If you lean back when kicking a ball it will nearly always head skyward.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Is it OK to show your disapproval?
Sure, depending how you show it.

after yesterdays performance I was totally unhappy with that lack luster performance and for probably the 6th time in my life booed us off.
Unless the team just couldn't be bothered to try, I don't think that's ok. I expect most of them were at least as disappointed as most of us.

If they're just not performing well, not linking well with teammates etc, it's not on purpose, so they don't deserve to be booed. They're not going to perform to their potential every week. We're in a relegation battle, which is what we all thought we'd be in anyway.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I think my version of a boo is just not clapping. I set my timer when injury time went up so that I'd leave a minute before the full time whistle, as the toilets were tiny and I was bursting, didn't want to hang around to clap them off.

I didn't think there was a lack of effort or application, if I thought they weren't trying, perhaps I'd boo. I just thought we were undone by two set pieces (not good but it happened) and in general play we were okay but we didn't have enough quality to create anything. The crosses, corners and free kicks into the box were poor time and time again.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
If you've paid your money and taken time out to travel to watch the team you are certainly entitled to boo if you want.

Although I'm sure I must have booed the team off in the past I have no recollection. Would have been at the Goldstone Ground 40 years or more ago. I have never booed an individual player until Akpom last season when the lazy ******* was stinking the place out with his crap attitude. I hope I don't have to do that again.

But I do get the booing. Most of us graft hard in jobs we don't particularly enjoy to watch and support our team. When you have players earning tens of thousands of pounds a week for playing sport, and they don't give it everything, it does leave a sour taste.

However, much of the blame has to lie with the manager with his negative tactics, even against teams outside of the top six, and his lack of an alternative when parking the bus has failed (again).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here