Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amazon outbid SKY for tennis rights

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
There are a number of potential players in the market such as Amazon, ESPN, Apple, BeIn and the Qatari adult channel Al Jizzera.
Thereby forcing us as customers to pay for multiple platforms to get broad sport coverage.... it's a massive assumption that sport fans are focussed just on one sport.... I am a very keen rugby, cricket and football fan, I would need to invest in Sky and BT platforms to get decent coverage currently.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Given the revised Sky sports channels it is clear they have a focus on the sports that attracts most viewers and probably aren't too worried about losing tennis

This sounds about right. They have slashed back their costs on many sports and axed a lot of staff/regular contractors. Tennis was certainly in the firing line on that score with very little, if any, on-site coverage planned any more.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Foxtel (Aussie Sky) lost the Prem to Optus (mobile phone and internet company) last year here. You can only watch on Yes TV .. which is digital.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Thereby forcing us as customers to pay for multiple platforms to get broad sport coverage.... it's a massive assumption that sport fans are focussed just on one sport.... I am a very keen rugby, cricket and football fan, I would need to invest in Sky and BT platforms to get decent coverage currently.

Agreed. Although it's unclear for how long BT Sport will continue in the market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
One of the biggest disappointments of my life was when I first had Sky and tuning into a program called WaterSports World, which sadly turned out to be about waterskiing and powerboat racing.

Do you remember the old days when satellite TV used to include a slew of German channels? I'm sure they would have sated your thirst, after about 10pm I'd guess.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Terrible for the consumer, NowTV is as far as it goes for me or up the pub

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Apart from football, tennis is all I might watch on Sky Sports.:(

I watch plenty of other sports but I do miss the tennis, some amazing tournaments and presented by the excellent Marcus Buckland.

Cincinatti Masters
Rome
Rotterdam
Madrid
Monte Carlo
Shanghai
Dubai
Paris

:nono:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
See children? If you don't pay your taxes you can outbid sky.

Alternatively you can live your life on benefits, having had your Uni fees paid by the ever diminishing number of worker mugs, not work, not save, not pay tax, not pay NI, not lift a fxxking finger basically and wait for the State to support you through ill health and old age.

This is the scriptures according to Saint Jezza.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Alternatively you can live your life on benefits, having had your Uni fees paid by the ever diminishing number of worker mugs, not work, not save, not pay tax, not pay NI, not lift a fxxking finger basically and wait for the State to support you through ill health and old age.

This is the scriptures according to Saint Jezza.

Are you lost?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Do you remember the old days when satellite TV used to include a slew of German channels? I'm sure they would have sated your thirst, after about 10pm I'd guess.

In the good old days, pre internet, we had a satellite dish that was a bit bigger than that of the neighbours' and had two, rather than one, LNB arms on the dish, pointing in slightly different directions. When my good lady wife asked me why our dish was different to the others, I explained it was because we had a tree in the garden which diminished the signal, and we needed two LNB's rather than one because we had two TV's in the house.

Luckily for me she swallowed it, a bit like a number of the actresses on the satellite channel to which the second LNB was pointing.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Why have Sky got a Cricket channel when the biggest games coming up, The Ashes, are on BT. What will Sky show during those matches?

Didn't know that...may have to get BT on sky had see what they charge.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here