Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Love supreme concert

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I can tell you categorically this happened. Friday night. My friends had a phone and wallet nicked. I was with them when they reported to Welfare and security onsite. Saw three other family's reporting at same time with similar story. The number of robberies was then mentioned but I cannot corroborate the figure but heresay suggested 42. Guess not everything ends up on twitter!

Friend of a friend knew the bloke who got attacked. Was pretty savage as they tell it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Beer was around 5/6. Almost anything you ate started at around £6 and went up to 11/12. e.g burger £7, fish curry £9, etc. You not supposed to take any food into the festival as well

That is pricey but doesn't surprise me....especially the no food/booze in the arena bit. I presume the food and booze ban doesn't extend to the camp site?

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
That is pricey but doesn't surprise me....especially the no food/booze in the arena bit. I presume the food and booze ban doesn't extend to the camp site?
Yes you can bring food and drink into camp site and I think they can smuggle booze in easily.

Lush

Mods' Pet
I went on Sunday. Single Day Early Bird ticket was only about £39. A bargain. You'd pay that just to see one of the headline acts at the Dome easily.

I also had a very tasty scotch egg with coleslaw and sweet potato fries for £7.50 which I didn't think was too bad at all. Water was free all day.

RE the thefts, I did notice some people walking through the open gates towards the end of the day, so maybe security isn't all it should be.

My favourite was the Hot 8 Brass Band #webrasshard but that's as much to do with genre preferences. George Benson just reminds me of the erection section at the end of the disco.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Yep, I went on Saturday - 1st time at it. Not a huge jazz enthusiast, but there was enough to keep me going.. Really enjoyed Corinne Bailey Rae and earlier, Mica Paris singing Ella Fitzgerald..but the Jacksons were just brilliant and it was surreal to think that we were watching one of the biggest acts of all time in a field in Sussex. Herbie Hancock reminded me why I am not a huge jazz enthusiast - I tried but just couldn't get it! Great day though and really nice atmosphere, but I agree the prices were just a bit OTT..

Corrine Bailey Rae has a very special voice.
Have seen her twice at the Shepherds Bush Empire, both superb.
Her former husband, Jason Rae, now deceased, was a saxophonist for the band, the Haggis Horns, again brilliant to watch.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Beer was around 5/6. Almost anything you ate started at around £6 and went up to 11/12. e.g burger £7, fish curry £9, etc. You not supposed to take any food into the festival as well
A couple of the main bars you could get a pint of Summer Ale at 3.9% which was fine and at £5.50 not too bad a price. Standard craft ale IPA was £6 for a 330ml can which was more of a rip off.
I had an ok Paella for £7 which was a fair price.

We were just there for the Sunday, weather perfect and a very chilled vibe. St Paul and the Broken Bones was my favourite, y'all.

PG

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Went for Saturday / Sunday as a treat for Wife Birthday it's a shame that a few incidents spoilt it for a few festival goers but I believe nearly 28,000 pepole of all ages enjoyed the atmosphere and like someone said on this thread the cost of seeing just one band of group would set you back a few quid overall I thought it was good value for money as the facilities are very good. However if this festival grows or rains might be a different story.
I drove and it only took 35/40 minutes from door to festival.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I can tell you categorically this happened. Friday night. My friends had a phone and wallet nicked. I was with them when they reported to Welfare and security onsite. Saw three other family's reporting at same time with similar story. The number of robberies was then mentioned but I cannot corroborate the figure but heresay suggested 42. Guess not everything ends up on twitter!

Very sad news. Seemed like such a relaxed, chilled out place on Sunday. (That's chilled out in the genuine sense, not idiots pretending to be chilled out and making sure everyone in the whole world can see how chilled out and cool they are.)

Hope they catch the lowlife responsible and that nobody's weekend was ruined, though it would definitely have ruined mine.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Very sad news. Seemed like such a relaxed, chilled out place on Sunday. (That's chilled out in the genuine sense, not idiots pretending to be chilled out and making sure everyone in the whole world can see how chilled out and cool they are.)

Hope they catch the lowlife responsible and that nobody's weekend was ruined, though it would definitely have ruined mine.
need to step up security on the campsites as we must not let these lowlife ruin a great festival of Love:love::love:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here