Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Simon Kjaer Fenerbahce CB

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
3 at the back is the new fashion for a few in the Prem , expect to see a bit more of it next season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

said this at the end of last season, and was shite on like a ton of bricks

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Another one here who would be surprised if we spent 7.5m on someone for an area we appear covered. More pressing issues I feel unless Goldson is struggling.

So similar to what people were saying last summer before we broke our transfer record for a centre back

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Another one here who would be surprised if we spent 7.5m on someone for an area we appear covered. More pressing issues I feel unless Goldson is struggling.

A lot of people were surprised when we spent a reported 4.5 mill on Duffy last year when we seemed well covered at CB.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I have a hunch that we will be playing 3 at the back with 2 wing backs. We would need to have 3 fit to play at all time so we probably need at least 5. Last season with 4 CB's there was never a time when 3 were fit together to try the 3 at the back even if Hughton wanted to.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
So similar to what people were saying last summer before we broke our transfer record for a centre back

I understand that but the situation prior to Duffy signing last year was different in that Bruno was originally playing centre back. In my opinion the current 4 are all capable of playing at a higher level but what do I know.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would be surprised if we spent that amount on another CB as it has been well publicized that CH will have to wheel and deal to get players not just throw money at them. It is not clean sheets which keep you up, it is goals scored mainly but obviously with some clean sheets to help but not the emphasis on clean sheets

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
A lot of people were surprised when we spent a reported 4.5 mill on Duffy last year when we seemed well covered at CB.

I don't think anyone was surprised we signed a CB. We were playing Bruno there at the time, Uwe had been injured on/off and Goldson was still injured. What was surprising was that we spent that much on someone who'd had the start to the season that Duffy had at Blackburn where he'd been utter tosh,

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I would be surprised if we spent that amount on another CB as it has been well publicized that CH will have to wheel and deal to get players not just throw money at them. It is not clean sheets which keep you up, it is goals scored mainly but obviously with some clean sheets to help but not the emphasis on clean sheets

It's not well publicised that he will have to wheel and deal. One article quoted that, and also what does wheel and deal even mean? I'm sure our budget will be more than adequate to get the quality that we require for our objectives.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

Actually, that's totally wrong in most situations over recent years. It's clean sheets and good defending that usually keep teams up, with enough goals to get you slender victories.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It's not well publicised that he will have to wheel and deal. One article quoted that, and also what does wheel and deal even mean? I'm sure our budget will be more than adequate to get the quality that we require for our objectives.

At this stage of the silly season we (and other clubs) will still be looking at first choice targets. Then it is worth splashing the dosh. It is the second and third choices where the money could be wasted. I don't think it will be.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I had a reply for a couple of points raised herein and then thought oh why bother.

I am alone in this, please?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
As opposed to games on non-match days?
You might as well give up arguing with Roger.

CWg41J7WEAAdHSK.jpg

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Ryan
Duffy - Kjaer - Dunk
Bruno - Stephens - Mooy - Bong
Knockaert - Musa
Abraham

Subs: Manepaa, Goldson, Gomez, Kayal, March, Groß, Muray​

:drool:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
said this at the end of last season, and was shite on like a ton of bricks

I'm not adverse to the idea, but CH has indicated that he's aiming to start the season with a back four, is attached to a back four, but circumstances might change and he'll have to re-evaluate this and consider a back three/five

Commander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 28, 2004
London
Has nobody considered the idea that we have a massive offer for Dunk in the pipeline?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here