Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cat thread

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Is there anyone who can recommend a cattery for our cat over Easter please?

We were going to use the rscpa but they are full. She is pretty nervous so wants a quiet place.

In the brighton and Hove area.

Cheers

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
You might be better off with a pet sitter if you find a trustworthy one locally (also probably cheaper). Unfortunately the one I use is probably 250 miles away from you so not much use.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

We were going to use the rscpa but they are full. She is pretty nervous so wants a quiet place.

Cheers

Leave your nearest trusted neighbour a key Dave? Would take about five minutes out of their day and you can always buy them a beer or something when you get back. Always worked for me. Cat sitting is a piece of piss. Cats are complete tarts. They don't know you from Adam, but if you pop in on two consecutive days and open their food pouches, you're their new best mate.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Cheers

Leave it with [MENTION=4156]glasfryn[/MENTION]

He bloody loves cats doesn't he?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
We always use Cuckfield Cattery and find it very good. Little bit outside B&H so depends on how your mog is in the car.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Don't understand why the cat can't have a day out to Wolverhampton on Good Friday. Take some milk in the car together with a tin of cat food and the problem is solve.

Alternatively if you have decided to miss both the Wolves and Wigan games, put the cat in your suitcase and take her with you on holiday. I'm sure she will enjoy the change in scenery.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
We always use Cuckfield Cattery and find it very good. Little bit outside B&H so depends on how your mog is in the car.

I'd be very surprised if it could grip the steering wheel and operate the pedals / gear lever / indicators etc. Accident waiting to happen, in my opinion.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Leave your nearest trusted neighbour a key Dave? Would take about five minutes out of their day and you can always buy them a beer or something when you get back. Always worked for me. Cat sitting is a piece of piss. Cats are complete tarts. They don't know you from Adam, but if you pop in on two consecutive days and open their food pouches, you're their new best mate.

Yep our neighbours looks after ours while away. Does not even raise an eyebrow on our return, not fussed at all.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yep our neighbours looks after ours while away. Does not even raise an eyebrow on our return, not fussed at all.

That is because cats are users and abusers! We had a cat that had three homes!

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
That is because cats are users and abusers! We had a cat that had three homes!

Yep, but the benefit I get is I have never seen a cat so relaxed and just looking at it can make me feel calm. Though did think about killing it this morning when it jump on to bed directly on to my just operated knee :censored: think it maybe a little bit evil.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I'd be very surprised if it could grip the steering wheel and operate the pedals / gear lever / indicators etc. Accident waiting to happen, in my opinion.

Not necessarily. A catalytic converter is pretty much standard in cars these days.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Leave your nearest trusted neighbour a key Dave? Would take about five minutes out of their day and you can always buy them a beer or something when you get back.

This is the best piece of advice as long as you have a trustworthy neighbour.
You could consider quickly moving house to the other side of my next door neighbour up here in Newmarket as I can vouch for her character and cat sitting abilities over the past 7 or 8 years.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Absolutely correct.
Always worked for us.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Try [MENTION=4156]glasfryn[/MENTION] :)

city cats in Holingdean you will find it on google but he does get full and make sure your cat is microchipped and had its jabs as most insist on this
good luck
RIP our Talulah-belle who passed away yesterday at 18 years

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here