Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Anyone for the Sleaford Mods at the Dome later in the year ? one of the most refreshing British bands heard in a long long time. No sell out and tell it like it is

https://youtu.be/Kg6jniUE2Dg

Is this the bit where I bring the Prince Albert 'gig' up again [MENTION=19671]CorgiRegisteredFriend[/MENTION] ?

Have to say, I was really skeptical that they could maintain what made them special in larger venues but their set in the John Peel tent at Glastonbury last year was excellent.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Good freebie downstairs at The Hope tonight, Cambridge Noise-Punk duo, Molasses - https://molassesuk.bandcamp.com/

https://www.evensi.uk/molasses-live-at-the-hope-amp-ruin-free-entry-the-hope-ruin/177537873

A bit further in the future ex-Country Teasers man The Rebel plays a freebie at the same venue in a couple of months. Reserve a ticket here -

https://tickets.partyforthepeople.org/events/2152-the-rebel-ex-country-teasers-free-show-in-brighton

And on Saturday afternoon, local frantic, noisy, Fugazi lovers Lower Slaughter play The Shakespeares Head (Chatham Place), with support from ex- Charlottefield, current Sloath & Sweet Williams man Tom House.It's another freebie

Who needs money, eh?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Is this the bit where I bring the Prince Albert 'gig' up again [MENTION=19671]CorgiRegisteredFriend[/MENTION] ?

Have to say, I was really skeptical that they could maintain what made them special in larger venues but their set in the John Peel tent at Glastonbury last year was excellent.

The Prince Albert Gig - The best gig that never happened!
I have actually got a ticket for the dome. Based on the fact their last album was excellent and tickets were not that expensive. Plus a few mates going along too. The last time I saw them in Hove they were pretty good.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Anyone catching Wild Beasts at ToM tomorrow or Friday? I like the new songs so far and I haven't been that big on Smother or Present Tense. I believe there are still tickets knocking about.

Also, if anyone is coming back into Brighton after the Lazio game on Sunday, we're putting on this psych/ space rock gig at The Albert - https://www.wegottickets.com/event/355810

Going to Wild Beasts tomorrow night. Likewise I have heard a couple of songs from the new album which sound promising. Last time I saw them was at The Dome as part of The Great Escape and thought they were excellent. The time before, at C2, the sound was dreadful, too much bass, but I think that was partly due to where we were standing. A friend at the front swore it was fine!

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Going to Wild Beasts tomorrow night. Likewise I have heard a couple of songs from the new album which sound promising. Last time I saw them was at The Dome as part of The Great Escape and thought they were excellent. The time before, at C2, the sound was dreadful, too much bass, but I think that was partly due to where we were standing. A friend at the front swore it was fine!

One of the worst decisions I ever made at TGE was walking out of a Wild Beasts gig at The Pressure Point before they released their first album. At that time Hayden was fronting nearly everything and his falsetto was just too much for me. By the time Two Dancers came out they were my favourite British band.

I did catch some bloke with an acoustic guitar noodling before them though. Bon Iver, I think his name was.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
One of the worst decisions I ever made at TGE was walking out of a Wild Beasts gig at The Pressure Point before they released their first album. At that time Hayden was fronting nearly everything and his falsetto was just too much for me. By the time Two Dancers came out they were my favourite British band.

I did catch some bloke with an acoustic guitar noodling before them though. Bon Iver, I think his name was.

Did not make that Pressure Point one. Not even sure if I swerved it because of something else, my memory is poor on these things. Will have to check out this Iver fellow you mention.
I guess you have seen Julia Holter is playing again in Novemeber at The Concorde this time. She always seems to play on Mondays when she visits us! Or so it seems.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Did not make that Pressure Point one. Not even sure if I swerved it because of something else, my memory is poor on these things. Will have to check out this Iver fellow you mention.
I guess you have seen Julia Holter is playing again in Novemeber at The Concorde this time. She always seems to play on Mondays when she visits us! Or so it seems.

I'm not sure there's much out there, I think he just stayed in his cabin making sad songs to an uncaring world.

Yup. Looking forward to it already. I went to see her at Oval Space last time she was in the country and it was brilliant. Glad the venue sizes are slowly but surely increasing. She deserves it.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

I saw all that Wild Beasts gig, but was stood at the front of the queue throughout that noodling/cabin thing while no-one (YOU included) decided to leave :annoyed:

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I saw all that Wild Beasts gig, but was stood at the front of the queue throughout that noodling/cabin thing while no-one (YOU included) decided to leave :annoyed:

You didn't miss much. :)

I had a similar experience being next in to see Klaxons at the same venue one year. I distinctly remember being really gutted about not getting in.

Now I'd probably be more gutted if I did get in.

Yes. I am fickle.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
You didn't miss much. :)

I had a similar experience being next in to see Klaxons at the same venue one year. I distinctly remember being really gutted about not getting in.

Now I'd probably be more gutted if I did get in.

Yes. I am fickle.

I got in to see Klaxons that time. Metronomy also played as did two other bands I can't remember who- something to do with physics maybe? . That was a great venue. Saw Iliketrains their for the first time at the same festival. Thinking about it- TGE was so much better for bands in the early years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here