• At home to Bristol City

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • Away at Villa

Votes: 5 7.7%

• Total voters

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I may be the only one... but I really don't care when or maybe even if we get promoted.

This is by far the best league in the world. Competitive, exciting, unpredictable. After years and years of hating what the Premier League has done to English football, media coverage, the Saturday 3pm experience, even the sport worldwide, I cannot, with my hand on my heart, make myself ~want~ to join them.

I want the best for the team, the club, the city and, of course, our beloved TB, but that is in deep conflict with the selling of our souls.

I shall cheer and celebrate when/if we do secure an automatic but after the hangover I will feel we may well have lost out in the long run.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I may be the only one... but I really don't care when or maybe even if we get promoted.

This is by far the best league in the world. Competitive, exciting, unpredictable. After years and years of hating what the Premier League has done to English football, media coverage, the Saturday 3pm experience, even the sport worldwide, I cannot, with my hand on my heart, make myself ~want~ to join them.

I want the best for the team, the club, the city and, of course, our beloved TB, but that is in deep conflict with the selling of our souls.

I shall cheer and celebrate when/if we do secure an automatic but after the hangover I will feel we may well have lost out in the long run.

I understand your sentiment but, and there definitley is a but, the money hopefully will secure the long term future of the club (unless of course we give it all to agents and players).
Also its natural to want to test yourself against the best/biggest. As much as beating Burton etc.. is great I want to see us play against United, Arsenal, City.. even if it means losing more than we win. This might get old pretty quickly but I want to see it at least for a while. Its been a long time since we've been in the top division and for me it will make a welcome change

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes

I see this as a 'belt and braces' approach to disappointment. We are far ahead of Palarse in our set up, including the team which means we won't have the same mountain to climb. Being a great team in this div is a comfort zone to many who are not confident of the same stature in the PL. Doesn't mean we shouldn't get there and move up to the next level. I get the feeling that a lot of us are waiting for the 'bubble to burst', our 'luck to run out' etc. Sorry, but we are where we are for good reason and we are ready. Feel the fear and go for it. :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here