Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale man of the match

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I was annoyed that poor defending allowed Rotherham to score as Stockdale deserved a clean sheet today, I felt his confidence rose when he made a good stop in the first half and got a generous round of applause from the north stand. Hopefully it's the springboard for showing fans that he is a good keeper.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Some people have still been texting and tweeting BBC Sussex slating him today. Were they not watching the game?

There was a moment in the first half when Stockdale passed it out under pressure to Greer I think, who then gave it to Ince who promptly gave the ball away which led to them having a shot. After Stocko saved it the bloke behind me started screaming at Stockdale as if he'd caused Ince to give it away. Some people are just blinded by hate :facepalm:

The issue with Stockdale has to be consistency though - no one will be on his back if he puts a run of performances like today's excellent display together. Here's hoping because he is one of the reasons we are No 21 alas

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
First time I've said that but probably the only player to leave the pitch having had a great game.

MOM should be awarded once the game has finished ,the last 5 minutes he played a ****ing blinder. And well done to Sammi for getting another point with a bargain basement squad , he is doing well with what he has got with no complaints about budget:albion2:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I know I keep on but had we kept a clean sheet today we would have got 3 points. Something has got to happen soon and I am not blaming Stockdale for this game.

Are you a joke account? You've been on about Stockdale all season yet claiming you want him to succeed. When he has his best game for us (and everyone else says he's man of the match) you still go on about not keeping a clean sheet. What exactly is your point? He had no chance with the goal!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Did I say he did? The reason he wasnt MOM was because his best saves were after the MOM had been announced and if we are to progress up the league WE NEED TO KEEP CLEAN SHEETS fact.

As I have said on other threads he has generally been poor so far this season but today he was as we expected when we bought him.

I do wish you could read properly.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Did I say he did? The reason he wasnt MOM was because his best saves were after the MOM had been announced and if we are to progress up the league WE NEED TO KEEP CLEAN SHEETS fact.

As I have said on other threads he has generally been poor so far this season but today he was as we expected when we bought him.

I do wish you could read properly.

I read it. But why bother posting that? What's the point? Why not just say he had a good game if you're not blaming him for the goal?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I read it. But why bother posting that? What's the point? Why not just say he had a good game if you're not blaming him for the goal?

It is a fact that we need to start keeping some clean sheets so why not say it and I said that he had had a good game so every member of the team should help contribute to the clean sheets, not just him. Inspired performances like today will help the defence do this.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I will admit that i have been very critical of Stockdale, but today he played like a million pound goalkeeper ,hopefully he will continue to perform as well as today for the rest of the season. WELL DONE DAVE.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
Really pleased for him. I think he is a quality keeper - my hope is that his increased confidence will spread through the team BUT we cannot f***ing score. This puts so much pressure on our defence to not make any mistakes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here